Holosmith - Stand Still S/S
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
An sPvP Holosmith build with outstanding defensive, support, and CC skills and adequate damage to kill most zerk builds.
- can be considered for additional tankiness, but reduced team support.
- is best if you elect to switch out the Thumper Turret..
Usage varies depending on foe that you're facing.
- This build performs best when remaining in one location. Do not chase enemies too far away from your stationary defenses.
- All Shield skills provide protection, which also means condition cleanses.
- will stop any attack with evade frames built into it, including , , , and . Static shield will also proc stun on any blockable skill used in melee range, even if it is not a melee skill.
- pulses protection, and therefore cleanses.
- provides a stunbreak, large amounts of quickness, and stability.
- provides nearly 5 cleanses.
- 's overcharge CC's twice. All turrets provide benefits.
- is a blast finisher. Use it to blast water fields for healing, smoke fields for stealth, light fields for cleanse, or fire fields for might.
- is your go-to stunbreak, providing a short stability to escape any AoE CC.
- provides protection, and therefore cleansing, once every 10 seconds after it has been placed down. Remove it once a fight has finished or you're moving away, but leave it up for the duration of the fight to benefit from this fact.
- Lead with to disrupt enemy attacks and start first protection stack.
- Follow with to benefit from and engage offensive skills.
- Use CC from , , and liberally.
- Lead with to reflect enemy attacks.
- Follow with or to proc reflects from reflects.
- Use for additional blocking or defense if necessary to close gap.
- Unblockable CC (IE from a Dragonhunter) is particularly problematic.
- Heavy disenchantment can make the user more vulnerable.
- High mobility classes (Thief/Mesmer) can outrun this build. Do not chase.
Credit goes to zoopop.5630 / Trunks Ouk for the inspiration behind this build.