Holosmith - Static Sword/Shield
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Holosmith build for running around in open world. This build deals extremely high burst damage by spamming low cooldown toolbelt skills and triggering . It also has access to lots of defensive skills and crowd control.
- For a similar build that sacrifices damage for more defense, see Holosmith - Protection Sword/Shield.
- Utility Skills
- Try not to swap out oras their tool belt skills are important for the build. If you do have to replace one, replacefirst.
- - quickness and a stun break.
- - versatile utility kit with condition cleanse, AoE damage, and a stun break.
- - grants pulsing fury and protection, and has a pull on tool belt.
- - high sustained damage if you can stay in melee.
- - heavy crowd control on a short cooldown.
- - for running away from things.
- - for tagging mobs in group events with.
- Elite Skills
- - more raw damage if you don't need the utility of.
- - if you need more stability or heavy crowd control.
- - if you need to dodge a lot.
- - if taking a lot of damage from enemies.
- - if conditions aren't a problem.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Holosmith - Power DPS No Kit build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run this mix of Marauder and Valkyrie stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by over 40%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Try to stay between 50% and 150% heat at all times.
- Your highest damage skills are Photon Blitz, Corona Burst, and your Photon Forge autoattack chain; use them whenever available.
- Holo Leap is worth using as a gap closer.
- While not in Photon Forge, just use your sword skills off cooldown.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as most of the damage is in the 3rd hit. This applies both inside and outside Photon Forge.
- Use andoff cooldown.
- If you can't get close to your target, you have a decent ranged autoattack in . If you plan to stay ranged for the whole fight consider slottingand.
- You have a lot of dodges with the vigor from Tools. If you need more you can trait .
- is an incredibly powerful AoE crowd control skill. Use it to keep enemies knocked down while you unload your damage.
- andcan be used to block attacks.
- is a versatile defensive skill. You can use it to mitigate incoming damage or save it to use as a stun break.
- Use to counter projectiles.
- (from) can be used to blind enemies.
- If you still have trouble surviving, you can trait .
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- The healing from andcan sustain you through minor damage.
- You can pick up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing.and Holographic Shockwave are more blast finishers you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- andcleanse conditions.
- If you're having trouble with conditions, you can slot .cleanses a condition and provides a light field, which you can blast for more condition cleanses.