Holosmith - Toolbox Condition
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Holosmith build for running around in open world. This build constantly juggles between different skill bars which provide it with a lot of sustained damage and utility skills. Compared to Engineer - Toolbox Condition, it has better burst damage and crowd control but very slightly worse damage over time.
- Utility Skills
- Elite Skills
- Elite Mortar Kit - provides a pulsing blind and a water field.
- 24px Light Density Amplifier - if taking a lot of damage from enemies.
- 24px Prismatic Converter - if conditions are a problem.
- This build uses the same gear as the Holosmith - Condi DPS build for fractals and raids. The only difference is , which you can use if you have a spare pistol or if you don't care about fractals and raids.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- You can use Rabid stats as a cheaper option while you're working your way up to Viper, or if you prefer having more toughness. You lose about 10% damage, including most of your burst damage, but your effective health is increased by over 40%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- orfor more damage.
- for more dodges.
- for more healing.
- Condition Engineer has a lot of skills that can be intimidating to memorize. The easiest way to play it is to learn which of your skills deal the most damage, and rotate through your kits over and over using these skills whenever you see them available.
- Pistols: Blowtorch, Static Shot, Poison Dart Volley
- Grenade Kit: Shrapnel Grenade, Poison Grenade, Freeze Grenade
- Bomb Kit: Fire Bomb, Concussion Bomb
- Flamethrower: Napalm, Air Blast, Flame Blast
- Remember that Air Blast will knock enemies back. Don't knock them out of your own damaging fields by accident.
- Grenade Barrage and Incendiary Ammo also provide good damage and should be used whenever available.
- Engage Photon Forge is mainly useful for Corona Burst and Photon Blitz, which inflict a lot of burst damage. However, you shouldn't stay in it as it locks you out of your damaging skills. Get into Photon Forge, quickly use your skills, then swap out of Photon Forge.
- While stuck in Photon Forge, you will want to spam Holo Leap and Holographic Shockwave to get as much heat as possible without overheating. This is because 24px Thermal Release Valve lets you convert excess heat to burning damage, and Prime Light Beam becomes a strong pulsing damage skill when used over 50 heat.
- When out of combat, you can run around in Photon Forge to build up heat. This lets you have over 50 heat at the start of every fight.
- The advantage Condition Holosmith has over its Core Engineer counterpart is burst damage. This build puts out strong burst with Photon Blitz and Prime Light Beam followed by Blowtorch, Shrapnel Grenade, Fire Bomb, and/or Grenade Barrage. Prioritize these skills when fighting groups of trash mobs, where your conditions aren't likely to tick for their full duration.
- This build's main form of defense is crowd control. Glue Shot, Holographic Shockwave, and Prime Light Beam are all powerful crowd control skills that let you fight enemies on your own terms.
- You have access to a lot of blinds with Static Shot, Flash Grenade, Smoke Bomb, and Smoke Vent. You also get Flash Shell if you equip Elite Mortar Kit. This makes it possible to maintain almost permanent blind on enemies, nullifying their damage against you.
- A lot of the skills in this build also work from mid-range, so an option is to kite enemies with grenades and pistol skills while staying out of their melee attacks.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- The healing from 24px Heat Therapy and Healing Turret can sustain you through minor damage.
- You can pick Healing Turret up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. Detonate Flame Blast and Holographic Shockwave are more blast finishers you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- Healing Turret cleanses conditions. If you're having trouble with conditions, you can slot 24px Prismatic Converter.