Holosmith - Two Kit Multirole Holorifle
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Multirole build for all small scale WVW tasks (roaming/capping/scouting/keep defense). Not entirely useless for zerg fights. (Originally this build had 2 kits but the latest version uses three kits)
Use the following settings/keybinds in order to make Elite Mortar Kit most usable and effective:
- Disable "Autotargeting"
- Enable "Lock Ground Target at maximum Skill Range"
- Enable "Snap Ground target to Current Target" (this will make mortar shells fly to your enemy without you having to aim manually with the cursor (just select the target))
- Enable "Allow Skill Retargeting" (This will make the landing spot of ground targeted skills be determined after the initial skill animation instead of before the animation, which means that the mortar shell will land closer to a moving target) (Be wary of the delay (animation time) when you do not have a target selected and you use a ground targeted skill that you want to use on yourself, make sure your cursor is at the location where you want the skill to land. Moving the cursor away too soon will make the skill land somewhere you didn't intend. )
- Keybind "Lock Autotarget" (when you press this key you detarget whatever you have selected, which is important when you for example want to throw at your feet).
- Any other power focused gear combination will do (try aiming for around 20k health and 2.7k armor).
- Full celestial is also a great option. Due to all the damage modifiers in this build, your damage output will be sufficient and you get a hard to kill build. (replace with because then you dont need the extra barrier anymore).
- - budget version
There is no main rotation, you will have to get creative. Every opponent demands a different play style. Try to only enter Photon Forge mode when you have a stunbreaker off cooldown (or when you think you wont need them). In normal mode you have alot more defensive skills (good for kiting and wearing an enemy down before you enter Photon Forge Mode to play more aggressive).
- Normal mode: Most defensive skills accessible, damage skills for all ranges, best to lock a single target down with hard/soft cc.
- Photon Forge Mode: All Strong AoE melee damage and 1 AoE 600 range hard cc.(best used after when you have used the Normal mode skills you wanted to use).
- Interrupting stomps can be done with: and
- Interrupting resses can be done with:see all skills above but also hard cc's downed enemy bodies.
- Conditions can actively be cleansed by: (3/20s) (1/20s) + Blast Finisher in its light field (1/16s) + Blast Finisher in its light field (1/20s) and (3/9s)
- Soft cc (cripple, chill, Immobilize) can also be cleansed by:
- Placing a combo field with one of the mortar skills right before you go into holomode can really benefit you. (eg. on a celestial build you can get 4.7k healing using 2 X and 1 X in 's water field ). This build has alot of combo fields and combo finishers (too many to name all the combinations (so consult the wiki)).
- -Great skill to keep enemies in positions favorable to you.
- -The closer you are to your enemies when using this skill, the more damage you do.
- -This skill is a launch so it can also cc downed bodies (good to interrupt a ressing attemp by a foe who has stability). This skill also clears soft cc (cripple, immobilize and chill).
- - You can cancel the aftercast (landing animation and damage) by first switching to a kit and then switching back to your rifle while still in the air, this will increase the distance that you can travel on terrain (especially while on decending terrain).
- - Use this before the enemy is going to heal or to remove conditions on allies.
- - Use as blast finisher in the light Field from to cleanse a condition, kiting, pressuring downed players. The backward leap can be canceled by switching to rifle right after using .
- - When you use a blast finisher in the light field of this skill, you produce an AOE condition cleans.
- - You will not receive any condition damage currently on you when you are transformed. Using this will also force yourself out of Photon Forge mode.
- - When in stealth try not to damage nearby enemies by dodging with or you will lose your stealth.
- - This skill will always fly over the ground no mather how bad the terrain is. (no worries about it getting blocked by hills)
- - If you are out of combat and you see enemies trying to attack you, you can stay out of combat (needed to waypoint away) by blocking all attacks with gear shield giving you 2 seconds time to open your map and waypoint away. When you are blocking you can still swap to other kits to proc Sigil of Cleansing and cleans a condition (handy to cleans soft cc))
- - This skill often fails when used right after a ground targeting skill like . When you see the white beam animation the skill is most likely going to succeed but if you dont see that beam you might as well cancel the skill because it's going to fail then. An exeption to this is when an enemy has gone into stealth (I believe you wont see the beam either then) while you were channeling this skill. The stealthed enemy will still be pulled. Its a good idea to use a well timed (or other attack) when you believe the pull has completed and the stealthed enemy is right infront of your feet. This skill can pull enemies that are standing on the edge of a wall. This skill can be started while an enemy is still behind an obstacle, just make sure that after the initial cast animation (after 1.25sec) the path from you to your enemy is clear. Then the skill will still succeed in pulling the enemy to you. A way to cancel this skill just after you have activated it is to quickly switch to your rifle and use any attack or just going into holomode will cancel the skill too.
- - When using this to kite run away, always first detarget your enemy or else you will attack in his direction.
- - This channeled skill can be stoped in the middle of its execution by using the "Stow /Draw Weapons" keybind or by simply dodging.
- - This skill can be canceled mid execution by simple pressing a movement button. Good followup attacks are and .
- - You can use this skill to bait out a Siege Bubble , so you can throw the real Siege Disabler afterwards.
- Disable "Autotargeting" in the settings.
- Enable "Lock ground target at maximum Skill Range".
- Set "Ground Targeting" on "Instant" or "Fast with Range Indicator" to increase the speed of your gameplay.
- Bind "Swap Weapons" to an easy to reach key (you will use this key to instantly swap back to your rifle).
- Bind "About Face" to a key so you can instantly turn 180° wich is handy if you want to use to leap forwards.
- When you get feared try to kit swap as fast as possible because sigil of cleansing can break you out of it.
- Learn to do jump rolls (dodging while jumping). When you have cripple or chill on you this will make you travel farther than when you do a normal dodge roll.
- When trying to get out of an and your is on cooldown your next best trick is dodging while using a condition cleans, using while standing in the light field of might also succeed.