Holosmith - Two Kit Multirole Holorifle
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Multirole build for all small scale WVW tasks (roaming/capping/scouting/keep defense). Not entirely useless for zerg fights.
- You can perfectly use full celestial gear with a piece of viper gear here or there. You must then take the trait and I strongly recommend you also use the rune. On the celestial variant you get about +15% extra sustain and you sacrifice power damage output for increased condition damage output. When you deactivate Photon Forge try to do it by using the F5 toolbelt skill ( ), because if you deactivate it by directly equiping an Engineering Kit or Elixir X you will not get the 2 stacks of "Afterburner" from the trait.
- Any other power focused gear combination will do as long as you aim for around 20k health and 2.7k armor. (If you do not use the celestial variant, refrain from investing points in: Condition Damage, Expertise, Concentration or healing power)
- On the Power variant the rune choice is not verry crucial to the build (you can use wichever rune you like the most). On the Celestial variant I strongly suggest you use a rune that gives extra Burning duration.
- - budget version
There is no main rotation, you will have to get creative. Every opponent demands a different play style. Try to only enter Photon Forge mode when you have a stunbreaker off cooldown (or when you think you wont need them). In normal mode you have alot more defensive skills (good for kiting and wearing an enemy down before you enter Photon Forge Mode to play more aggressive).
- Normal mode: Most defensive skills accessible, damage skills for all ranges, best to lock a single target down with hard/soft cc.
- Photon Forge Mode: All Strong AoE melee damage and 1 AoE 600 range hard cc.(best used after when you have used the Normal mode skills you wanted to use).
- Elixir X mode: (Transformations Increase health pool). gives you the most sustain and single target damage/Hard cc. gives less sustain but allows you to hard cc and damage multiple enemies to relieve pressure. (best used when you need the extra sustain and have depleted your normal mode and Photon Forge skills).
- Interrupting stomps can be done with: and
- Interrupting resses can be done with:see all skills above but and also hard cc downed enemy bodies.
- Conditions can actively be cleansed by: (3/20s) (1/20s) (1/16s) (Blast finishers in its light field) and (3/9s)
- Soft cc (cripple, chill, Immobilize) can also be cleansed by:
- -Great skill to keep enemies in positions favorable to you.
- -The closer you are to your enemies when using this skill, the more damage you do.
- -This skill is a launch so it can also cc downed bodies (good to interrupt a ressing attemp by a foe who has stability). The self knockback of this skill can push yourself through anything. So when you are caught in a dragonhunter's or you can easily launch yourself to the outside. This skill also clears soft cc (cripple, immobilize and chill) Thanks to this combined with it's self knockback using this skill is a good way to get out off an (dont forget to detarget your enemy because if he is out of your line of sight the skill will fail and go on a 4 second cooldown). Sometimes it's best to use your stunbreaker to get out of the self knockback (or a reflected ) then to wait out the self cc.
- - You can cancel the aftercast (landing animation and damage) by first switching to a kit and then switching back to your rifle while still in the air, this will increase the distance that you can travel on terrain (especially while on decending terrain).
- - Try to use this skill when near full health to maximize the gained health increase. When you get activating the number 1 skill sends out 3 bolts wich each can bounce 3 times so it becomes stronger the more enemies are around. By forcefully ending the transformation you can use without being knocked back yourself due to the stability that hasn't disappeared yet. Using this will force yourself out of Photon Forge mode.
- - Use this before the enemy is going to heal or to remove conditions on allies.
- - Use as blast finisher in the light Field from to cleanse a condition, kiting, pressuring downed players. The backward leap can be canceled by switching to rifle right after using .
- - When you use a blast finisher in the light field of this skill, you produce an AOE condition cleans.
- - You will not receive any condition damage currently on you when you are transformed. Using this will also force yourself out of Photon Forge mode.
- - When in stealth try not to damage nearby enemies by dodging with or you will lose your stealth.
- - This skill will always fly over the ground no mather how bad the terrain is. (no worries about it getting blocked by hills)
- - If you are out of combat and you see enemies trying to attack you, you can stay out of combat (needed to waypoint away) by blocking all attacks with gear shield giving you 2 seconds time to open your map and waypoint away. When you are blocking you can still swap to other kits to proc Sigil of Cleansing and cleans a condition (handy to cleans soft cc))
- - This skill often fails when used right after a ground targeting skill like . When you see the white beam animation the skill is most likely going to succeed but if you dont see that beam you might as well cancel the skill because it's going to fail then. An exeption to this is when an enemy has gone into stealth (I believe you wont see the beam either then) while you were channeling this skill. The stealthed enemy will still be pulled. Its a good idea to use a well timed (or other attack) when you believe the pull has completed and the stealthed enemy is right infront of your feet. This skill can pull enemies that are standing on the edge of a wall. This skill can be started while an enemy is still behind an obstacle, just make sure that after the initial cast animation (after 1.25sec) the path from you to your enemy is clear. Then the skill will still succeed in pulling the enemy to you. A way to cancel this skill just after you have activated it is to quickly switch to your rifle and use any attack or just going into holomode will cancel the skill too.
- - When using this to kite run away, always first detarget your enemy or else you will attack in his direction.
- - This channeled skill can be stoped in the middle of its execution by using the "Stow /Draw Weapons" keybind or by simply dodging.
- - This skill can be canceled mid execution by simple pressing a movement button. Good followup attacks are and .
- - You can use this skill to bait out a Siege Bubble , so you can throw the real Siege Disabler afterwards.
- Disable "Autotargeting" in the settings.
- Enable "Lock ground target at maximum Skill Range".
- Set "Ground Targeting" on "Instant" or "Fast with Range Indicator" to increase the speed of your gameplay.
- Bind "Swap Weapons" to an easy to reach key (you will use this key to instantly swap back to your rifle).
- Bind "About Face" to a key so you can instantly turn 180° wich is handy if you want to use to leap forwards.
- When you get feared try to kit swap as fast as possible because sigil of cleansing can break you out of it.
- Learn to do jump rolls (dodging while jumping). When you have cripple or chill on you this will make you travel farther than when you do a normal dodge roll.
- When trying to get out of an and your is on cooldown your next best trick is dodging while using a condition cleans, using while standing in the light field of might also succeed.