Holosmith - Vigorous Holo
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
An Engineer build that uses vigor and dodge rolls for sustain and to deal damage, while also dealing good damage with your Photon Forge and Toolbelt abilities.
- Healing Skills
- great healing and condition cleanse
- good healing and gives some useful boons
- Utility Skills
- Try not to swap out or as these two have the lowest toolbelt cooldown.
- sacrifices vigor uptime for damage reduction
- not 100% recommended, but gives more endurance at a lower cooldown than also gives some team support with
- Elite Skills
- more sustain with combo fields
- if you need more stability or more crowd control
- is an good option for more might uptime
- a good stun break, especially if you're not using a stun break.
- good synergy with vigor and
- an extra damage option
- if you need more power damage reduction instead of condition cleanse
- more damage
- more mobility and good for removing movement-impairing conditions
You can run Firearms over Explosives for more burst damage, but you don't gain any extra damage from dodging or the additional blast finisher.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the similar gear to the Holosmith - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This build plays a lot like Holosmith - Static Sword/Shield
- This build does not run so overheating can be very easy, try and keep your Vigor up as much as possible. In combat, use and on cooldown they do great damage, especially with
- Using gives Stability so using this without being stunned isn't a bad thing. This skill also gives extra dodges as it gives Vigor. This ability also gives Quickness so it's also a damage increase.
- Your highest damage abilities are , , and your photon forge auto attack.
- Try and not to interrupt your photon forge auto chain.
- You get a ton of dodges. You gain a ton of Vigor from your tool belt skills, and from from your Med Kit. You also gain more dodge uptime with .
- Use Can't find such skill "Photon Forge"! Please refer to our skill index. and to block incoming attacks
- Use Can't find such skill "Photon Forge"! Please refer to our skill index. (over 50% heat) and Can't find such skill "Magnetic Shield"! Please refer to our skill index. to reflect projectiles
- Equip for extra defense, with you can blind enemies and with you can chill enemies to slow them down if you need to escape or kite.
- The healing from and from can sustain you through very minor damage.
- , , and Can't find such skill "Magnetic Shield"! Please refer to our skill index. are blast finishers. You can use the blast finishers in a healing field like from or from for more healing. You can also use your leap finishers, and for more healing as well.
- and (if you use ) are your main condition cleanses.
- If you are running , you can pick it up to reduce the cooldown of the turret.
- Why bring ? Med kit has the lowest burst heal cooldown (it's on the toolbelt, , which also gives vigor on a 14 and a half second cooldown, shorter than any other healing skill toolbelt skill.), has condition cleanse, gives more Vigor uptime and a blast finisher, and has another burst heal with .
- Only use Med kit abilities 1 and 2 ONLY if you have allies around you, so you can aid your allies with minor healing.