Mesmer - Condition Shatter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition based shatter build for F2P players who'd want to try the Mesmer profession in PvP.
Curator note: players with access to elite specializations are highly encourage to use those instead, as core Mesmer is currently underperforming. This build exists only to provide something semi-viable for F2P players who are interested in the profession.
- The scepter auto attack chain progresses if you keep attacking even while out of combat with no target selected. By using the first 2 skill of the chain you can start combat with for a free clone.
- The build has rather poor cleansing and sustain in general, but the 2 ranged weapon sets allow you to keep a safe distance. Avoid melee range whenever possible, although it there are some skills (like shatters) that are stronger in melee.
- is great for keeping your opponent from using their condition removals after a successful burst, or shutting down any kind of form includingand.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, and sustained damage.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants. Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- If used in
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- When it comes to damage, the strongest shatter skill in the build is , followed by(assuming the target doesn't have Stability so that it can proc) then.
- should be used as often as possible, it's excellent for setting up burst (generates 2 clones) or even evading attacks.
- is easily the best burst skill in the build (if you can land it), both its direct and condition damage is quite high. This should usually be the very first skill you use after swapping to this weapon in oder to benefit from the Quickness of.