Mesmer - Greatsword Burst
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
build archived 3/21/21, see Mesmer - Core Phantasms
A solid build for core mesmer that deals great damage and has good dueling capability against single targets.
- You can run Focus to group up enemies with
- Utility Skills
- - phantasm that taunts
- is an incredibly powerful tool available to Mesmers. Use it to transport others to places they might not normally be able to reach or to shorten distances when looping back to areas.
- - if having trouble with projectiles.
- - if you need multiple successive stun breaks.
- Elite Skills
- - if fighting champions or bounties with defiance bars.
- - for better clone generation
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Berserker's - Budget option
- Marauder - Trades a small amount of damage for a large increase to HP, can be worth using if you have access to it.
- Knight's - use a few pieces of this for extra defense at the cost of damage. Marauder is much more efficient, but Knight's is much cheaper.
- - alt budget option
- , , - great defensive options
- - cheap defense
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
- When roaming around a map, try to stagger heavy-hitting skills to avoid running out of steam between weaker mobs.
- Keep your Mantras prepared for instant damage and defensive skills.
- When approaching a boss or veteran, discard all charges of by casting without a target selected. This allows to be prepared again for Might.
- Prepare beforehand for Might.
- Cast after you enter combat, but before your target starts casting abilities, in order to apply Vulnerability.
- Begin with the Burst Opener denoted in the above section.
- Repeat from step 1.
- Cast when 3 clones are active.
- Cast when 3 clones are active and will not be available for several seconds.
- Cast at 2 charges.