Mesmer - Greatsword Burst
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- High burst damage and excellent control options make this build a great starter for those playing only the core game. It is a very versatile build that performs well in virtually all open world content.
- You can run Focus to group up enemies with or Offhand Pistol for more ranged damage and CC.
- Utility Skills
- - more damage and boonstrip.
- is an incredibly powerful tool available to Mesmers. Use it to transport others to places they might not normally be able to reach or to shorten distances when looping back to areas.
- - if having trouble with projectiles.
- - if you need multiple successive stun breaks.
- Elite Skills
- - if fighting champions or bounties with defiance bars.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Chronomancer - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- orfor more damage.
- for playing with groups.
- is a good budget option.
- is a fantastic food for farming open world. It's cheap, provides a moderate boost to both damage and survivability, and increases magic find significantly.
- for more dodges.
- for more healing.
- is a great option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- oris your best damage option.
- is a great budget option.
- When roaming around a map, try to stagger heavy-hitting skills to avoid running out of steam between weaker mobs.
- Keep your Mantras prepared for instant damage and defensive skills.
- When approaching a boss or veteran, discard all charges of by casting without a target selected. This allows to be prepared again for Might.
- Prepare beforehand for Might.
- Cast after you enter combat, but before your target starts casting abilities, in order to apply Vulnerability.
- Begin with the Burst Opener denoted in the above section.
- Repeat from step 1.
- Cast when 3 clones are active.
- Cast when 3 clones are active and will not be available for several seconds.
- Cast at 2 charges.