Mesmer - Greatsword Burst
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Variant of Chronomancer - Greatsword Burst for PvE players without access to the Heart of Thorns expansion. This build deals high burst damage and has access to a good variety of defensive skills.
- You can run Focus to group up enemies with .
- Utility Skills
- or- alternative damage skills.
- - if having trouble with projectiles.
- - if you need multiple successive stun breaks.
- Elite Skills
- - if fighting champions or bounties with defiance bars.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Chronomancer - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- When roaming around a map, try to stagger heavy-hitting skills to avoid running out of steam between weaker mobs.
- Keep your Mantras prepared for instant damage and defensive skills.
- When approaching a boss or veteran, discard all charges of by castingwithout a target selected. This allowsto be prepared again for Might.
- Prepare beforehand for Might.
- Cast after you enter combat, but before your target starts casting abilities, in order to apply Vulnerability.
- Begin with the Burst Opener denoted in the above section.
- Repeat from step 1.
- Cast when 3 clones are active.
- Cast when 3 clones are active andwill not be available for several seconds.
- Cast at 2 charges.