Mesmer - PU Condi Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
One of the most annoying-to-fight builds of all time, ever.
Deals immense condition damage and boasts exceptional survivability with escapes, raw resilience, stealth and sustain. Also excels at easily clearing camps.
- Signet of Inspiration over Arcane Thievery before combat to travel. Combine constant Swiftness from Signet of Inspiration and Prismatic Understanding to quickly get around.
- Signet of Midnight for camp-clearing and more damage/pressure.
- Mantra of Resolve as a condition removal alternative.
- Null Field for boon/condition support and to combo with Phase Retreat for Chaos Armor.
- Veil for even more stealth and group support.
- Portal Entre for its obvious benefits.
- Mimic because it's fun.
Trailblazer's is used to reach 100% Confusion duration with food. More Trailblazer's can be used to increase the duration of other conditions or Dire to gain raw condition damage. Trailblazer's gear can be substituted for Viper's to add damage at the cost of survivability.
You should always have a
with each set specifically for Deceptive Evasion. Otherwise, solid choices include
- Superior Rune of the Nightmare(1): +25 Condition Damage (2): +5% Condition Duration (3): +50 Condition Damage (4): +10% Condition Duration (5): +100 Condition Damage (6): When you use an elite skill, deliver an attack (240 radius) that blinds enemies and transfers one condition.(Cooldown: 45s)
Keep in mind your condition duration if changing runes.
- Swap to Signet of Midnight before clearing any camp; it will allow you to easily clear fully upgraded camps and even camps reinforced with Mercenaries.
- Chaotic Dampening makes you practically invulnerable to direct damage while Chaos Armor is in effect (instant Protection plus triggered Protection, Regeneration, and Swiftness with Blind and Cripple). Remember you can also combo Phase Retreat into Chaos Storm for another five seconds of Chaos Armor.
- In addition to their normal effects, all your Shatter skills inflict Blind, two stacks of Confusion and Torment. Constantly use them (wisely) for added pressure.
- You can easily "abuse" Signet of the Ether by casting and dodging to create as many Illusions as you'd like for added healing while stealthed. You can deal damage with your Illusions, cast Diversion and Distortion for added pressure, and even use Arcane Thievery without breaking stealth.
- Otherwise, be very careful when stealthing. Any direct damage from Chaos Storm, The Prestige, Mind Wrack, or Cry of Frustration will break stealth. In addition, reflection damage from Mirror as triggered by Blink, Arcane Thievery, and Mass Invisibility will also break stealth. It is much safer to use Mass Invisibility while you are already stealthed anyway.
- Lastly, take extra care around 50% health to not waste Desperate Decoy and apply Revealed.
- Heavy condition prevention/removal ( Diamond Skin is particularly annoying); conditions are 90% of your damage.
- Heavy condition pressure (particularly your own - think Plague Signet), yet your removal with a
- Chickening out. While you are a master at hiding and running away, other players can do it back, though your Confusion and Torment can make it difficult. You have literally no way to stun.