Mesmer - Phantasm Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A core mesmer build that derives a large portion of its DPS from phantasm attacks, making it an extremely simple DPS build with access to mesmer's flexible utility skills.
There are several options for your second offhand weapon:
- Torch provides a small DPS increase once you have all your sword phantasms up, by using
- Focus provides the utility of a large pull in fights with adds thanks to Create a wall of energy that grants swiftness to allies who cross it and cripples foes who touch it. Allies may cross the wall more than once but receive less swiftness after the first crossing.
- Pistol provides additional breakbar contribution with
and should be used for maximum DPS if no other utility is required
- for projectile management at Matthias or Slothasor
- for better team boon uptime
- for additional condition cleanse
- for AoE stability/stunbreak
Initially, summon three sword phantasms by casting before refreshing it with . Auto-attack and use off cooldown until is finished recharging. Once the third phantasm has been summoned you should avoid over-writing any so they don't lose their stacks, simply auto-attack and use on cooldown
- should be used enough to ensure it is always recharging, but make sure to never use the final charge unless the fight is about to end, as you will have to wait for the full recharge and channel the mantra.
- If you are using a torch in your second weapon set you can begin the fight on torch and cast and before swapping to your sword/sword set when you start the encounter (Your third phantasmal swordsman will overwrite the phantasmal mage summoned). After you have all three sword phantasms up you can swap to torch and cast on cooldown for a slight DPS increase.
This build has many options available to it for contributing to breakbars:
- for a massive break on a long cooldown
- The second part of