Mesmer - Vanilla Shatter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Mesmer burst build created for F2P users.
Curator note: players with access to elite specializations are highly recommended to use those instead, as core Mesmer is currently underperforming. This build exists only to give something semi-viable to F2P players who are interested in the profession.
- - a strong offensive choice that can set up burst and has synergy with several traits.
- - a defensive skill that becomes more valuable with the Chaos specialization.
- - similar to Decoy, but on a lower cooldown in exchange for a shorter stealth duration.
Both Dueling and Illusions can be replaced by Chaos for a more defensive build:
- The build has a hit-and-run playstyle, it's all about landing one major burst with Greatsword and then surviving until the next one.
- is mainly for boon stripping and blinding (useful to safe stomp) in this build.
- Chaos-only: using will give you), you'll immediately be revealed and loose stealth.
- is the strongest mobility skill in the game. Its range is big enough to reach between capture points on most maps, and can be used by allies too. How you use it depends entirely on your creativity! A few starting points:
- Drop a portal on a capture point you've just won and move on. Come back with if you need to defend it. Alternatively, drop a portal if you're losing the fight and move on. Now your enemy is forced to either afk on the point or hand you a free decap as you can just come back after they left.
- If your team is losing a fight, cut your losses by making your team escape through an already deployed portal, potentially steamrolling another capture point by outnumbering your enemy there.
- Use the portal on the brink of death, while waiting for it to open, and go through to safety.
- Open your portal, start finishing off the target immediately, take the portal, then take the portal again near the end of the animation. Gfycat: Portal Stomp
- Drop a portal on a capture point you've just won and move on. Come back with
- isn't only for dealing damage - it'll serve as your secondwhich can be handy when you are expecting a burst but ran out of dodges.
- andare great tools for repositioning yourself or occasionally rooting people into your burst.
- Stand close to your target.
- for damage, Might, and an extra clone.
- as soon as your clone from Mirror Blade appears, immediately followed by a.
- Use before or after the burst, it's up to you. Keep in mind that it fires a boomerang projectile too which can break stealth.
- If you were already in combat, the burst combo can be extended: before you begin be on Sword/Torch, use - just before the stealth runs out be in melee range, switch weapons, and do the rest of the burst. The Prestige will add some extra damage while making the burst harder to dodge. Your GS sigils will also trigger, granting Quickness and applying Vulnerability.
- After the chain try to disengage a bit, you are not suitable for spending time in the middle of a fight for more than mere seconds.
- Condition pressure