Mirage - CI But Without CI
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The trait Chaotic Interruption has temporarily been disabled, this is a filler build to use until Anet does something about it.
For the optional slot:
- - incredibly versatile skill, can't go wrong with it.
- - strong skill when it comes to mirror matchups or surviving condition Daredevils.
- - useful passive and a great active for disengaging.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for the duration: for staff and for scepter. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ). makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as , denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- The build has rather poor access to condition cleansing by default, limited only to and . Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain block / evade frames in melee, etc.
- The scepter auto attack chain progresses if you keep attacking even while out of combat with no target selected. By using the first 2 skill of the chain you can start combat with for a free clone.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor for synergy.
- When dueling on a node, make sure not to use your if you just triggered from using your heal skill in order to keep separate chaos storms constantly active on the node to give yourself Aegis while applying random conditions.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, mobility, and sustained damage.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants . Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- The build heavily relies on keeping pressure up constantly by spawning clones through and making them unload ambush attacks via .
- should be used as often as possible, it's excellent for setting up burst or even avoiding attacks. Not only does dodging after a successful block immediately generate a total of 3 clones, but also makes them all (including you) unload their ambush attacks.
- If you have 2-3 active clones before using Illusionary Counter you should probably shatter them before the 2 new ones spawn, as otherwise some of the previous clones will just go to waste.
- Note: there's a small evade frame after the block which can proc too.
- synergy plays a big part in this build and significant part of the build's pressure comes from this trait.
- With a little luck could stack nearly 20 stacks of bleeding on its own.
Example #1 of a scepter/pistol burst
Example #2 of a scepter/pistol burst
- Dodge + ambush