Mirage - CI But Without CI
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Chaotic Interruption may not be coming back, but Mirage is here to stay.
For the optional slot:
- - useful passive and a great active for disengaging.
- - incredibly versatile skill, can't go wrong with it.
- - strong skill when it comes to mirror matchups or surviving condition specs in general.
- is an equally viable option.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for the duration: for staff and for scepter. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ). makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as , denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- The scepter auto attack chain progresses if you keep attacking even while out of combat with no target selected. By using the first 2 skill of the chain you can start combat with for a free clone.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor for synergy.
- When dueling on a node, make sure not to use your if you just triggered from using your heal skill in order to keep separate chaos storms constantly active on the node to give yourself Aegis while applying random conditions.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, mobility, and sustained damage while Scepter/Pistol is there for burst damage.
- Staff is your primary defensive weapon.
- may not look that amazing at first glance, but it's an instant cast skill which applies Protection to the caster and AoE Weakness to nearby foes, effectively filtering their damage through two layers of mitigation. It's an excellent skill for surviving direct damage burst and it's usable even while CC'd.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate). The first hit of Chaos Storm always Dazes enemies, making it a reliable AoE interrupt.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants . Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- The build has rather poor access to condition cleansing by default, limited only to and . Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain block / evade frames in melee, etc. Your strongest option against damage in general is , granting you immunity to any form of pressure including CC and conditions that are already on you.
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- The build heavily relies on keeping pressure up constantly by spawning clones through and making them unload ambush attacks via .
- should be used as often as possible, it's excellent for setting up burst or even avoiding attacks. Not only does dodging after a successful block immediately generates a total of 2 clones, but also makes them all (including you) unload their ambush attacks.
- Note: there's a small evade frame after the block which can proc too.
- synergy plays a big part in this build and significant part of the build's pressure comes from this trait.
- With a little luck could stack nearly 20 stacks of bleeding on its own.
- summons a Phantasm that periodically stacks Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack the phantasm turns into a clone, potentially fueling shatters.
Example #1 of a scepter/pistol burst
Example #2 of a scepter/pistol burst
- Dodge + ambush