Mirage - Carrion Ineptitude
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- - better overall condition duration.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for the duration: for Axe andfor Staff. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ).makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as, denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- Make sure that you're below 75% endurance when using , as
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to and. Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain Blind / dodge in melee, etc.
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted whilst using any of these skills for movement purposes.
- is the strongest mobility skill in the game. Its range is big enough to reach between capture points on most maps, and can be used by allies too. How you use it depends entirely on your creativity! A few starting points:
- Drop a portal on a capture point you've just won and move on. Come back with if you need to defend it. Alternatively, drop a portal if you're losing the fight and move on. Now your enemy is forced to either afk on the point or hand you a free decap as you can just come back after they left.
- If your team is losing a fight, cut your losses by making your team escape through an already deployed portal, potentially steamrolling another capture point by outnumbering your enemy there.
- Use the portal on the brink of death, while waiting for it to open, and go through to safety.
- Open your portal, start finishing off the target immediately, take the portal, then take the portal again near the end of the animation. Gfycat: Portal Stomp
- Drop a portal on a capture point you've just won and move on. Come back with
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, and sustained damage.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants. Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- If used in
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- When it comes to damage, the strongest shatter skill in the build is , followed by(assuming the target doesn't have Stability so that it can proc) then.
- The playstyle is generally the following: stack Burning for burst, cover it with a bunch of conditions, and punish people for spamming skills/failing to cleanse the right conditions by maintaining a huge amount of Confusion.
- is excellent for covering important condition stacks because it applies several conditions in one hit, and it's AoE.
- Interrupting an enemy or using any Shatter skills in melee range inflicts Blindness, and Blinding a foe causes Confusion through .
- There are several strong burst combos, this is just one of many:
- Activate , it'll go off after 3 seconds and inflict Burning in AoE.
- Optional: do it in melee range for the Blinding attack.
- Cast for Burning and an interrupt.
- Optional: do it in melee range for double the Burning stacks.
- ++ Shatter roughly at the same time, Jaunt can also extend the reach of Axes of Symmetry.
- while dodging, followed by.
- When not doing your main combo, most of your damage will come from smaller bursts of interrupts, shatters, Jaunts, and ambush skills.
- Twitch: Misha