Mirage - Condition Sage
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A more tanky version of the meta condition Mirage build, made to win duels.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for the duration: for Axe andfor Staff. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ).makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as, denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- Make sure that you're below 75% endurance when using , as
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to ,and. Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain Blind / dodges in melee, etc.
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted whilst using any of these skills for movement purposes.
- is the strongest mobility skill in the game. Its range is big enough to reach between capture points on most maps, and can be used by allies too. How you use it depends entirely on your creativity! A few starting points:
- Drop a portal on a capture point you've just won and move on. Come back with if you need to defend it. Alternatively, drop a portal if you're losing the fight and move on. Now your enemy is forced to either afk on the point or hand you a free decap as you can just come back after they left.
- If your team is losing a fight, cut your losses by making your team escape through an already deployed portal, potentially steamrolling another capture point by outnumbering your enemy there.
- Use the portal on the brink of death and go through to safety. Maybe even wait long enough for out-of-combat HP regeneration to kick in before going back through the portal.
- Open your portal, start finishing off the target immediately, take the portal, then take the portal again near the end of the animation. Gfycat: Portal Stomp
- Drop a portal on a capture point you've just won and move on. Come back with
- creates a new clone whenever you dodge.
- semi-passively provides a high uptime of projectile reflection, which is quite useful when fighting builds like Boon Beast.
- While shatters aren't all that important, should still be used as often as possible for the Vigor uptime from.
- Besdies cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal in general, for example if the target has Resistance.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, and sustained damage.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- A 2nd Chaos Storm may proc upon healing thanks to .
- A 2nd Chaos Storm may proc upon healing thanks to
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants. Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- If used in
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- The build for the most part relies in keeping up pressure constantly through spawning clones through and making them unload ambush attacks via- shatters are much less important here than in other builds. That being said, axe/torch still has some burst potential.
Example of a smaller burst
- for damage and to spawn a clone at the end of the animation
- Dodge ~halfway through the animation to avoid interruption and to spawn a clone via
- if Mirage Cloak still persists
- with your 2 clones
Example of an extended burst combo
- preferably in melee range for extra Burning
- and dodge ~halfway through the animation
- Either dodge again if you have 3 clones (and enough endurance), or use