Mirage - Condition Sage
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A tanky take on condition Mirage, this PvP build is made to win duels in a war of attrition.
- Portal Entre over Illusionary Ambush - portal fell from grace after its duration got nerfed, but it can still be a valuable mobility tool sometimes (especially in automated tournaments with proper team coordination).
- Descent into Madness is also a viable option.
- - better mobility.
- - as tanky as it gets.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks over its duration: 24px Imaginary Axes for Axe and 24px Chaos Vortex for Staff. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to 24px Renewing Oasis). 24px Infinite Horizon makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as 24px Full Counter, denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- Make sure that you're below 75% endurance when using False Oasis, as
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to Jaunt, The Prestige and Arcane Thievery. Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain Blind / dodges in melee, etc.
- Use Phase Retreat for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted whilst using any of these skills for movement purposes.
- Deceptive Evasion creates a new clone whenever you dodge.
- Evasive Mirror semi-passively provides a high uptime of projectile reflection, which is quite useful when fighting builds like Boon Beast.
- While shatters aren't all that important, Cry of Frustration should still be used as often as possible for the Vigor uptime from Bountiful Disillusionment.
- Illusionary Ambush is useful for just about everything:
- Defense: evasion + teleport to a random location + break targeting, quite convenient when you're being focused by the enemy team.
- Offense: free ambush attack for you and all your clones.
- Mobility: it's a 1.2k range gapcloser afterall as you'll be teleported to a location near the target.
- While this skill does not break stun, it can be used while CC'd.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, Arcane Thievery is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor for 24px Nomad's Endurance synergy.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, mobility, and sustained damage.
- Chaos Armor is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- Chaos Storm is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- A 2nd Chaos Storm may proc upon healing thanks to Descent into Madness.
- Phase Retreat is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- Phantasmal Warlock summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- The build for the most part relies in keeping up pressure constantly by spawning clones through Deceptive Evasion and making them unload ambush attacks via 24px Infinite Horizon - shatters are much less important here than in other builds. That being said, axe/torch still has some burst potential.
Example of a smaller burst
- 24px Lingering Thoughts for damage and to spawn a clone at the end of the animation
- Dodge ~halfway through the animation to avoid interruption and to spawn a clone via Deceptive Evasion
- 24px Imaginary Axes if Mirage Cloak still persists
- 24px Axes of Symmetry with your 2 clones
Example of an extended burst combo
- Phantasmal Warlock
- The Prestige
- Phantasmal Mage preferably in melee range for extra Burning
- 24px Lingering Thoughts and dodge ~halfway through the animation
- 24px Imaginary Axes
- 24px Axes of Symmetry
- Either dodge again if you have 3 clones (and enough endurance), or use Cry of Frustration