Mirage - Destroyer's Will
The build is designed to grant you with overwhelming control over your enemies and the flow of the battle. Humble your foes by constantly ripping boons from them, CC'ing them to interrupt their actions, and shutting down their skills over time. Assume dominance over them with your insane mobility, overwhelming clone generation, evasion uptime, and burst potential.
Combines great mobility with decent sustain, constant access to CC and enemy skill shutdown, and clone ambush skills for solid burst potential. I came across this build when tinkering with Mirage months ago and have been playing/refining it since around December 2017. Very versatile and viable in most situations, including group fights and +1ing, as well as decapping and 1v1ing.
- instead of False Oasis if Blurred Inscriptions trait is equipped.
- instead of Illusionary Ambush if Blurred Inscriptions trait is equipped.
instead of Dueling to sacrifice burst potential. some CC, and clone upkeep for sustain and more consistent power, boons, and minor CC.
- to sacrifice boon removal and interrupt for more sustain.
- , , and to sacrifice CC and shutdown capabilities for more burst potential
- Avatar Amulet for more healing and sustain. Best paired with and related signets.
- for more burst damage
- The main gimmick of this build can be summarized with: > > > > . This combination allows you and all of your clones to leap at your foe with a dazing stab for potential interrupts. Interrupts from either you or one of your clones with this build not only do more damage but also increase skills recharge of interrupted enemy skills, shutting them down. Especially useful against sustain skills.
- Control is the main focal point of the build. Boon removal will help against enemy stability and allow for constant vulnerability to interrupts and CC. CC provided by , , , and . is the best option to immediately interrupt foes with stability.
- While not casting bursts on your foe, it is good to harass them with as much as needed. This maintains pressure and control over your foe by consistently applying damage, CC for possible interrupt and more damage, and summoning more clones.
- Evasion up-time for this build is considerably high. Sustainability comes from mobility skills as well as , , , and of course .
- Massive burst potential comes particularly from this combo: > > > > > > .
- will summon a clone with Mirage Cloak that casts . You may cast Mirage Cloak if your clones are near your foe even if you are at a distance, allowing your clones to harass and potentially interrupt a foe while you watch from afar.
- and deny your foes from being able to focus you as they break enemy targeting, on top of completely mixing you in with your clones and confusing your enemies. They are also a good combination when used in succession to quickly close the gap between you and your foe and apply pressure, as well as breaking stun and quickly regaining the upper hand.
- and provide some of the best mobility (less portal) I've seen in the game.
- Builds with constant AoE condi application and burst can be a threat as this build's only condi management comes from , , and . Notable threats at this time include sage weavers, trap SB rangers, and scourges. However, these builds tend to lack much resistance to CC or burst damage, so as long as you maintain pressure safely (and maybe from a distance) and occasionally burst you should be fine.
- Strong AoE burst damage can be tricky to deal with, especially if CC is thrown in, since this build's only stun break comes from and , and the AoE will almost invariably destroy your clones. These builds also tend to be more resistant to burst damage and CC, so the best strategy is to outmaneuver them, slowly wear them out with pressure from you and your clones by applying damage and CC, and burst whenever possible. Notable examples include GS spellbreakers, holosmiths, and dragonhunters.