Mirage - Disenchanter Mirage
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A tanky PvP Mirage build primarily made to 1v1.
Archive note: fell out of use after several nerfs and the dominance of its Chrono counterpart.
For the optional slot:
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for its duration: 24px Mirage Thrust for Sword and 24px Chaos Vortex for Staff. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds and can only be used once per Mirage Cloak activated.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed, breaks stun, and removes a condition thanks to the trait 24px Elusive Mind.
- Dodging out of a CC effect will however completely halt your endurance regeneration for 3 seconds, so sometimes it's beneficial to just wait out the short duration, less dangerous ones instead of breaking out.
- You can stomp, rez, or even channel buffs on Temple of the Silent Storm while dodging.
- The build doesn't have any mass cleanses, but has a couple of tools that remove one condition at a time (sometimes more if we count Fear and Taunt), these are Jaunt and the aforementioned Elusive Mind powered dodge.
- Use Phase Retreat and 24px Mirage Thrust for mobility while traveling between capture points or if you have to disengage. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so in order to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner ((Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). Make sure you don't have an enemy targeted while using any of these skills for movement purposes!
- Using your healing skill can trigger a Chaos Storm. Remember that it's a Chaos combo field, always try to use at least 1 leap finisher in it to combo Chaos Armor before the skill runs out.
- Every shatter skill grants Stability and one other boon via Bountiful Disillusionment.
- Portal Entre is a very strong part of a Mesmer's kit. Use it to move your team around the map, mitigate your losses by dropping a portal at a capture point you've just lost before running away, or simply to bail out when you run out of defensive CDs. These are just some of the possible applications, so get creative!
- When a phantasm dies you get all its boons thanks to Persistence of Memory.
- Might stacking and phantasms are the primary sources of your damage. Keep in mind that Might applied to the caster also empowers phantasm damage.
- Might stacking is something that just happens passively as a byproduct, even spamming random skills in random oder can get you to 25 stacks so no need to stress it. There are some things to note however:
- Both sets are perfectly capable of stacking Might, but it's primarily done by Staff. Phantasmal Warlock summons 2 phantasms, and after they become clones you gain 4 stacks from 24px Phantasmal Force. The auto attacks (both player and clone) can grant might, and the ambush skill 24px Chaos Vortex applies another 3 stacks.
- On Sword you can get a total of 20 stacks by using Phantasmal Swordsman + Mind Wrack.
- Cast the phantasm in melee range, as the first 4 stacks are applied if you hit the target, not the phantasm! It does however spawn with its own 8 stacks.
- Being in melee also means that the swordsman will be close enough to get the 3 stacks from Mind Wrack, bringing its total stacks to 11.
- When the phantasm dies it transfers its boons back to you + 2 Might stacks, so 13 total. By this time you'll have at least 7 stacks if all went well, 13 + 7 = 20.
- Mind Wrack grants 3 stacks, regardless of the number of clones shattered.
- Note that while you may lose out on a few stacks, it's generally better to use Phantasmal Swordsman from a safe distance.
- Once you have 15+ stacks you can start unloading your heavy hitters, most notably Phantasmal Disenchanter, Mind Wrack, and anything on the sword set including the ambush skill. Even Jaunt can be added to the burst for some extra instant damage.
- Twitch: Misha
- Condition Daredevil can spike you hard enough to make it impossible to recover, especially if you were already in a duel and got +1'd by it. Usually your cleanses just can't keep up with its condition variety and quick application.