Mirage - Hybrid Horizon Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A hybrid Mirage build for WvW roaming, made to outlast opponents through both active and passive sustain whilst grinding their health away with condition pressure.
Use torch for stealth access but loosing both a strong stun and condition burst
- excellent against conditions as in mirror matchups.
- good choice against power focused opponents without much condition pressure.
- self sustaining option when not running pistol.
- Cheaper version of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew that is sufficient enough in most cases.
- Budget option.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks over its duration: for Scepter and for Staff. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ). makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as , denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- The build for the most part relies in keeping up pressure constantly by spawning clones through and making them unload ambush attacks via - shatters are much less important here than in other builds.
- Make sure that you're below 50% endurance when using , as refills half of your endurance bar after healing.
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to , and . Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain Blind / dodges in melee, etc.
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted whilst using any of these skills for movement purposes.
- creates a new clone whenever you dodge.
- semi-passively provides a high uptime of projectile reflection, which is quite useful when fighting builds like Boon Beast.
- While shatters aren't all that important, should still be used as often as possible for the Vigor uptime from .
- is useful for just about everything:
- Defense: evasion + teleport to a random location + break targeting, quite convenient when you're being focused by the enemy team.
- Offense: free ambush attack for you and all your clones.
- Mobility: it's a 1.2k range gapcloser afterall as you'll be teleported to a location near the target.
- While this skill does not break stun, it can be used while CC'd.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor for synergy.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, and sustained damage.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. The first tick of this skills always causes a daze and can be used to disrupt your enemy. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate). Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- A 2nd Chaos Storm with very similar properties procs upon healing thanks to .
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants . Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- can serve as a short time block against single blows if you are unable to kite. In any range it creates two clones upon blocking which then can be used for condition application via
- is a good finishing move with power stats as it is a non projectile attac with multiple hits that does not terminate when out of range.
- serves as the second condition burst available next to your ambush skills. This skill alone can easily apply over 10 stacks of bleeding and can either be used to bait cleanses or profit from cooldown of defensive skills.
- is a potent stun, use it to interrupt key skills of your foes. If necessary take care of removing their stability first with