Mirage - Ineptitude Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition Mirage build for WvW roaming designed designed for burst damage.
For the optional slot (or instead of the signet):
- Arcane Thievery - helps with cleansing or getting rid of Stability and Resistance.
- Illusionary Ambush - breaks targeting, can be used while CC'd, and provides another access to mirage cloak. With the added range it's also great for chasing down enemies.
- is a viable alternative if you're willing to sacrifice some damage for better mobility.
- Cheaper version:
- Cheaper version:
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks over its duration: 24px Imaginary Axes for Axe and 24px Chaos Vortex for Staff. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to 24px Renewing Oasis). 24px Infinite Horizon makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as 24px Full Counter, denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to Jaunt and The Prestige. Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain Blind / dodge in melee, etc.
- Use Phase Retreat for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted whilst using any of these skills for movement purposes.
- Illusionary Ambush is useful for just about everything:
- Defense: evasion + teleport to a random location + break targeting, quite convenient when you're being focused by the enemy team.
- Offense: free ambush attack for you and all your clones
- Mobility: it's a 1.2k range gapcloser afterall as you'll be teleported to a location near the target.
- While this skill does not break stun, it can be used while CC'd.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, Arcane Thievery is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor for 24px Nomad's Endurance synergy.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, and sustained damage.
- Chaos Armor is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- Chaos Storm is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- Phase Retreat is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- Phantasmal Warlock summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- When it comes to damage, the strongest shatter skill in the build is Cry of Frustration, followed by Diversion (assuming the target doesn't have Stability so that it can proc Ineptitude) then Mind Wrack.
- The playstyle is generally the following: stack Burning for burst, cover it with a bunch of conditions, and punish people for spamming skills/failing to cleanse the right conditions by maintaining a huge amount of Confusion.
- 24px Chaos Vortex is excellent for covering important condition stacks because it applies several conditions in one hit, and it's AoE.
- Interrupting an enemy or using any Shatter skills in melee range inflicts Blindness, and Blinding a foe causes Confusion through Ineptitude.
There are several strong burst combos, this is just one of many:
- Activate The Prestige, it'll go off after 3 seconds and inflict Burning in AoE.
- Optional: do it in melee range for the Blinding attack.
- Cast Phantasmal Mage for Burning and an interrupt.
- Optional: do it in melee range for double the Burning stacks.
- 24px Lingering Thoughts whilst dodging, followed by 24px Imaginary Axes.
- 24px Axes of Symmetry + Jaunt + Shatter roughly at the same time, Jaunt can also extend the reach of Axes of Symmetry.
- When not doing your main combo, most of your damage will come from smaller bursts of interrupts, shatters, Jaunts, and ambush skills.