Mirage - Scepter Duelist
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This PvP Mirage build is best suited to +1 fights, quickly deciding the outcome with its burst damage. While it does work as a duelist, it has lower sustain than a Sage build which may be problematic in prolonged fights.
Archival note: burst of boths sets were nerfed heavily
For the optional slot:
- - coupled with Traveler runes you can build up some decent condition duration.
- - highly versatile skill (scroll down to usage for more info).
- Axe/Torch over Staff.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for the duration: for staff andfor scepter. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ).makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as, denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to and. Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain Blind / dodges in melee, etc.
- The scepter auto attack chain progresses if you keep attacking even while out of combat with no target selected. By using the first 2 skill of the chain you can start combat with for a free clone.
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted whilst using any of these skills for movement purposes.
- creates a new clone whenever you dodge.
- semi-passively provides a high uptime of projectile reflection, which is quite useful when fighting builds like Boon Beast.
- If taken is useful for just about everything:
- Defense: evasion + teleport to a random location + break targeting, quite convenient when you're being focused by the enemy team.
- Offense: free ambush attack for you and all your clones
- Mobility: it's a 1.2k range gapcloser afterall as you'll be teleported to a location near the target.
- While this skill does not break stun, it can be used while CC'd.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor forsynergy.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, mobility, and sustained damage.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants. Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- If used in
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- As the build has the Illusions specialization yet doesn't pick up on Dueling, your shatters are weaker than those of a Carrion build, but still more relevant than a Sage's.is by far your strongest shatter skill when it comes to burst damage.
- should be used as often as possible, it's excellent for setting up burst or even evading attacks. Not only does dodging after a successful block immediately generate a total of 3 clones, but also makes them all (including you) unload their ambush attacks.
- If you have 2-3 active clones before using Illusionary Counter you should probably shatter them before the 2 new ones spawn, as otherwise some of the previous clones will just go to waste.
- Note: there's a small evade frame after the block which can proc too.
- is easily the best burst skill in the build (if you can land it), both its direct and condition damage is quite high.
Example of a scepter/pistol burst
- Twitch: Flänby