Mirage - Scepter Duelist
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A burst oriented condition Mirage build for sPvP.
For the optional slot:
- - coupled with Traveler runes you can build up some decent condition duration.
- - highly versatile skill (scroll down to usage for more info).
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for the duration: for axe andfor scepter. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ).makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as, denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to ,and. Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain Blind / dodges in melee, etc.
- The scepter auto attack chain progresses if you keep attacking even while out of combat with no target selected. By using the first 2 skill of the chain you can start combat with for a free clone.
- creates a new clone whenever you dodge.
- semi-passively provides a high uptime of projectile reflection, which is quite useful when fighting builds like Boon Beast.
- If taken is useful for just about everything:
- Defense: evasion + teleport to a random location + break targeting, quite convenient when you're being focused by the enemy team.
- Offense: free ambush attack for you and all your clones
- Mobility: it's a 1.2k range gapcloser afterall as you'll be teleported to a location near the target.
- While this skill does not break stun, it can be used while CC'd.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor forsynergy.
- The build for the most part relies in keeping up pressure constantly by spawning clones through and making them unload ambush attacks via.
- As the build has the Illusions specialization yet doesn't pick up on Dueling, your shatters are weaker than those of a Carrion build, but still more relevant than a Sage's.is by far your strongest shatter skill when it comes to burst damage.
- should be used as often as possible, it's excellent for setting up burst or even evading attacks. Not only does dodging after a successful block immediately generate a total of 3 clones, but also makes them all (including you) unload their ambush attacks.
- If you have 2-3 active clones before using Illusionary Counter you should probably shatter them before the 2 new ones spawn, as otherwise some of the previous clones will just go to waste.
- Note: there's a small evade frame after the block which can proc too.
- is easily the best burst skill in the build (if you can land it), both its direct and condition damage is quite high.
Example of a scepter/pistol burst
- Dodge +
Example of an axe/torch burst
- preferably in melee range for extra Burning
- and dodge ~halfway through the animation
- Either dodge again if you have 3 clones (and enough endurance), or use
- Twitch: Flänby