Necromancer - Basic Necromancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A good starter necromancer build for those who do not have access to expansions. This is a simple minion master build that features moderate damage and high defense.
- Focus - defense and life force
Blood Magic Variant
Replace Soul Reaping with Blood Magic for extra defense.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required
This build uses gear similar to Reaper - Power DPS, making it ideal for general PVE.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties. Ascended versions of these are available and should be used when possible.
- - permanent Fury when farming trash or with a zerg
- - extreme sustain when farming trash or with a zerg
- - a huge boost to damage whenf arming trash or in a zerg
- , - DPS food
- , - Defense and Might
- - Lifesteal
- , , - Damage Reduction Food
- , - Damage
- Open with on Axe, then swap to Dagger and autoattack.
- Use whenever available.
- Against groups of 3 or more enemies, you can go into and use and . This deals less damage than Dagger but is able to hit up to 5 targets at once.
- Before and after using , you can throw in for more damage.
- If you don't need crowd control, you can use and for more damage.
- Against the majority of enemies, your minions should be able to draw enemy aggro and tank for you.
- Remember that you can always sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks. Not taking damage is always the better option because it lets you conserve life force (and maintain your bonus if applicable).
- can be used to blind enemies.
- If you're taking a lot of damage you can use as a second health bar.
- If you have trouble surviving, you can trait .
- Your sustained healing comes from , , , and .
- Spam if you need healing.
- You can shrug off most conditions with , and you have a condition cleanse in . If you need more condition cleanse trait .
- If you somehow go down with this build just use to get back up.