Necromancer - Core Terrormancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A core Necromancer condition build with a more aggressive playstyle than the Blood version.
- Positioning: Necromancer sustain is far from great. Keep out of melee range whenever possible, and abuse spots which break teleport skills to make it harder to get to you. Don't stand on capture points unless you absolutely have to.
- All of your marks are unblockable and generate Life Force.
- Never spam your marks on the ground out of combat - they are easy to spot and a single dodge from the enemy can get rid of them. The only exception can be (because it's not a key skill and has a low CD), which you can freely place at an entrance or under yourself to potentially give away Stealthed enemy movement.
- Both weapon sets have one unblockable hard-CC skill: on Scepter/Warhorn andon Staff. Use them to interrupt skills such as a Warrior's.
- Tip: enemy players who block Staff skills can work against themselves. Long duration blocks such as Shield Stance give you more than enough time to land crucial staff skills like with little to no risk of being avoided as blocking players normally don't dodge.
- Tip: enemy players who block Staff skills can work against themselves. Long duration blocks such as Shield Stance give you more than enough time to land crucial staff skills like
- Entering Shroud triggers . If you're CC'd and Blinded you can enter shroud, the Blind will make this trait miss, but will allow you to safely land a. If the target has Stability you can do this the other way around, cast Doom while Blinded to get rid of it and land Weakening Shroud, applying Weakness and potentially turning the Stability into Fear.
- - the frequent damage pulses are great for consuming Blind you may have.
- Most of the pressure comes from various sources of boon corruption and condition applications over time, this build isn't really about burst rotations (bar 1-2 combos).
- is often used right after swapping to scepter to benefit from
- is not only a great spike skill, but also a defensive one - thanks to the low cast time CB can be used to counterpressure targets. Someone's chasing you with Stability and Might stacks? Turn their boons against them, right into Fear and Weakness! It's also unblockable.
- Even just a two skill chain of ⇒is already a decent burst combo, inflicting up to 6 different conditions and stripping at least 5 boons (potentially more with sigils).
- Fear deals about 1000 damage per second thanks to the trait , making it great for spiking targets that are already pressured. You have 3 Fears on your bar:
- on Staff, which is an unblockable AoE.
- can be cast even while stunned and fears for up to 3 Seconds. Best used in melee range.
- is a great area denial skill with a lot of combo potential. Let's say a Thief useson you while you're standing inside the ring created by this skill - the Thief will immediately be inflicted with Fear as even teleports count as crossing. As Fear casuses targets to run away from you, chances are he's going to cross the wall again as he's running outside. At that point, consider going after him withfollowed byto fear him back into the ring, forcing him to cross a third time!
Shroud burst rotation (in melee range this doubles as a defensive rotation):
- to proc
- Twitch: Posi