Necromancer - Minion Master
The Official API is experiencing issues; skill, trait and item data cannot be loaded at the moment.
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
An easy to pick up Necromancer build, the Minion Master is most comfortable holding side points, engaging in small scale fights, and contesting neutral objectives. Offering strong sustained single target damage and CC, along with high sustain and immense amounts of health and armor, the player focuses on supporting the minions with healing and movement disabling effects while simultaneously using Life Force generation and smart Death Shroud usage to stay alive.
- Great skill for burst, especially with Death Nova as it will deal decent AoE damage plus two poison fields and two blasts on those fields for AoE weakness. Without Death Nova the skill loses a lot of its luster, so consider Shadow Fiend if not going the Death Nova/Spite MM route. Summon Bone Minions 1½ 16
Summon Bone Minions
. Summon two bone minions.
- Has a nice consistent DPS and a good active skill with a blind and the largest base Life Force generation off a single hit Necromancer has. Be warned the active has a 3s delay that causes the minion to stop moving while channeling, so plan accordingly. Summon Shadow Fiend 1½ 24
Summon Shadow Fiend
. Summon a shadow fiend to attack foes.
- A great all-around heal for any Necromancer build. Full condition removal on top of potentially the largest self-heal in the game, and scales well with Healing Power. Take as a general option, only swap away if you are confident you can handle conditions. Consume Conditions 1¼ 30
- SoV is a very nice passive heal, ends up outscaling Blood Fiend's passive healing baseline, with an easier to fulfill condition (being attacked vs making sure a minion lands its attack constantly), and healing power scaling. The active is also very strong, allowing you to still have a presence in teamfights by singling a target out, and even in 1v1s the heal active will often force enemy defensive CDs. Should be considered for Soul Reaping builds, though the passive doesn't work in Death Shroud it helps you stall when Death Shroud is down until you can refill your Life Force, and should be the primary choice for Spite builds. Signet of Vampirism 1¼ 35
Signet of Vampirism
5 Superior Sigil of Blood
50% Chance on Critical: Steal Health. (Cooldown: 5s)
9 Superior Sigil of Renewal
Heal Nearby Allies on Weapon Swap (360 radius). (Cooldown: 9s)
9 Superior Sigil of Hydromancy
Damage nearby foes and chill them for 2 seconds when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9s)
9 Superior Sigil of Leeching
Your next attack after swapping to this weapon while in combat steals some health. (Cooldown: 9s)
Superior Rune of Melandru
(1): +25 Toughness (2): +35 Vitality (3): +50 Toughness (4): -10% Incoming Condition Duration; -10% Incoming Stun Duration (5): +100 Toughness (6): -15% Incoming Condition Duration; -15% Incoming Stun Duration
+900 Power +900 Toughness +1200 Healing Power
is a more offensive option. Superior Rune of the Pack
Superior Rune of the Pack
(1): +25 Power (2): +10% Swiftness Duration (3): +50 Power (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies might, fury, and swiftness for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 20s) (5): +100 Power (6): +125 Precision; +20% Swiftness Duration
- You will build up life force incredibly quickly in combat from Dagger/Staff auto, skills like Locust Swarm, and minion deaths. If you are at full life force, switch over to your death shroud to mitigate damage so that you will not waste any additional life force.
- Know when to try for a finisher or DPS an enemy down. You won't have stability or skills to guarantee stomps, so stomping should only be done when you have an ally and are stomping enemies with single target CC (Necromancer, Warrior, Engineer), so that you or your ally tanks the CC and the other finishes the stomp. Against other enemies you should attempt to DPS them down with Dagger auto, Locust Swarm, and minions, blowing up Bone Minions once the enemy is downed to stack massive poison to stop enemy healing. By using Dagger auto/Locust Swarm, you will often refill Life Force completely, giving you a massive advantage in future fights. Alternatively if there are other enemies you can ignore the enemies unless they are being ressed (in which case refer to the previous statement for DPS/cleave).
should be held onto and used to interrupt key skills like heals or to ensure you land important skills like or , or as a final quick CC if you see an enemy close to being downed and want to guarantee it. Doom 20
against Guardians should be kept to interrupt Wail of Doom ½ 30
Wail of Doom
. Unless Soul Marks are equipped with staff, this is the only way to interrupt blocks and have a reliable AoE CC, so try to hold onto it instead of using it as part of a rotation, unless you are guaranteeing a kill. Shelter 1¼ 30
Block attacks while healing.
Healing: 4,555 Block Duration: 2 seconds
- Morphed - any transformation such as
or Signet of Humility 1 180
Signet of Humility
Reduces incoming duration of stuns, dazes, fears, and taunts.Signet Active:
Transform your foe into a moa bird.
Duration Decreased: 20% Duration: 10 seconds Range: 1,200
will destroy all minions under your control. Toss Elixir X ½ 120
Toss Elixir X
- AoE Cleave/Teamfights - The more players in a fight, the more residual AoE damage there is flying around, which will be able to kill minions. Make sure to place Flesh Wurm out of harms way, and try to engage your minions aggro at 900 range to keep Bone Fiend and Blood Fiend (if you have it equipped) out of the way, as they will never move closer than they have to to attack, but won't back up to kite either. Also remember that Bone Minion maximum efficiency is achieved through instantly killing them after summoning, so don't leave them alive to possibly die in fights, and use Beyond the Veil, Transfusion, and Renewal Sigils or any other AoE defense if you have it to keep minions alive through heavy AoE. Cleric builds will be better at this than others, but don't underestimate your ability to defend your minions just as much as they defend you.
Remove all ads across the entire website for only $4.99! Click here for more info.
Seems like you have adblocker enabled :(
No one likes ads, we know that... But this website cannot exist without ads. Please consider turning off your adblocker to support our work. We do not display annoying ads or pop-ups.
Do you refuse to disable adblocker but still want to support our website? Click here to remove all ads across the entire website for only $4.99.