Necromancer - Power Minion Master
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Variant of Reaper - Power Minion Master for PvE players without access to the Heart of Thorns expansion. While this build is inferior to the Reaper variant, it's still extremely powerful in open world and allows you to steamroll most content.
- Focus deals marginally more damage than dagger offhand, but you lose the condition cleanse from Deathly Swarm.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Summon Flesh Wurm deals more damage than Summon Bone Minions but can't move and gives you less stacks of Flesh of the Master.
- Shrouded Removal - if conditions are a problem.
- Corrupter's Fervor - if you're having trouble surviving, or if there aren't many enemies to proc Death Nova.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Reaper - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides even more sustain at the cost of damage.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Open with Ghastly Claws on Axe, then swap to Dagger and autoattack.
- Use Locust Swarm whenever available.
- Against groups of 3 or more enemies, you can go into Death Shroud and use Tainted Shackles and Life Blast. This deals less damage than Dagger but is able to hit up to 5 targets at once.
- If you don't need crowd control, you can use Haunt and Rigor Mortis for more damage.
- Against the majority of enemies, your minions should be able to draw enemy aggro and tank for you.
- Remember that you can always sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks. Not taking damage is always the better option because it lets you conserve life force (and maintain your bonus if applicable).
- Haunt can be used to blind enemies.
- If you're taking a lot of damage you can use Death Shroud as a second health bar.
- If you have trouble surviving, you can trait Corrupter's Fervor.
- Your sustained healing comes from Summon Blood Fiend, Vampiric, Vampiric Presence, and Transfusion.
- Spam Life Siphon if you need healing.
- You can shrug off most conditions with Necromantic Corruption, and you have a condition cleanse in Deathly Swarm. If you need more condition cleanse trait Shrouded Removal.
- If you somehow go down with this build just use Life Leech to get back up.