Necromancer - Power Minion Master
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A good starter necromancer build for those who do not have access to expansions. This build is similar to the other Minion Master builds and can hold its own in a lot of open world content.
When roaming, your main focus is to build life force as fast as possible. You want to try to spend most of your time in your shroud.
While zerging you should carry a STAFF, preferably with a on it, and focus on tagging mobs using your many AOE skills.
- Focus deals marginally more damage than dagger offhand, but you lose the condition cleanse from .
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- deals more damage than but can't move and gives you less stacks of .
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - if you're having trouble surviving, or if there aren't many enemies to proc .
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Gear: Berserker's gear is available to Core players. It offers slightly higher damage but much lower defense than Marauder .
- Runes: offers much higher sustain at the cost of damage.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Open with on Axe, then swap to Dagger and autoattack.
- Use whenever available.
- Against groups of 3 or more enemies, you can go into and use and . This deals less damage than Dagger but is able to hit up to 5 targets at once.
- Before and after using , you can throw in for more damage.
- If you don't need crowd control, you can use and for more damage.
- Against the majority of enemies, your minions should be able to draw enemy aggro and tank for you.
- Remember that you can always sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks. Not taking damage is always the better option because it lets you conserve life force (and maintain your bonus if applicable).
- can be used to blind enemies.
- If you're taking a lot of damage you can use as a second health bar.
- If you have trouble surviving, you can trait .
- Your sustained healing comes from , , , and .
- Spam if you need healing.
- You can shrug off most conditions with , and you have a condition cleanse in . If you need more condition cleanse trait .
- If you somehow go down with this build just use to get back up.