Necromancer - Wells Backline
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Excellent AoE coverage via Wells and Marks, this high-damage necromancer build was designed for large scale WvW encounters. As the walking artillery of your group, whose main contribution will be in the form of damage, you should build as offensively as possible to output the maximum amount of damage.
Utility For your free slot, choose the option that best suits your needs
- Projectile block and poison application, useful for disrupting banners and sustain.
- Single target focus.
- Stun break, protection and life force generation.
- Line CC and Protection.
- Defensive option. Use this if you're having trouble surviving.
- single target boonstrip for focusing.
- More damage at the cost of boon corruption
- Player preference can swap pieces for more survivability using this spectrum: Berserker's ⇒ Marauder's ⇒ Valkyrie's (Note: Armor/Trinkets difference) ⇒ Soldier's. (Avoid Knight's, Cavalier's, or others, as they sacrifice Power for main stat).
- You should aim for 30-40 % Critical Chance so that you hit 100% with Fury and .
- Superior Sigil of BloodlustGain a charge of +10 power each time you kill a foe, five if you kill an enemy player.
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- Cast wells on the melee train of the enemy zerg, often when they're about to clash with your melee train. If your commander calls for skills such as wells, it may be best to wait until they call for it.
- Enter just after casting your wells to improve their critical chance by an additional 50%.
- Space out your wells - alongside other allied AoEs, too - to give the enemy less safe land to move around in. Stacking wells on top of each other allows enemies to use the same defensive abilities to avoid more damage than if the wells were adjacent along the enemy's path. The main exception to this is when the enemy won't be able to move out of the area.
- is used for AoE damage (and), and Immobilizing (Tainted Shackles).also deals heavy damage.
- form quadruples base toughness and triples base vitality, allowing you to run with your melee train while applying Poison as well as Bleeding, Blindness, or Crippled and Weakness in a huge radius. If things go wrong, this is also a panic button that helps you survive - or prolong your death.
- allows you to output a ton of damage against enemies withalone, although you may miss against targets around max range.
- clears your conditions and, when it strikes your selected area, rips all boons from enemies and all conditions from allies near it.should generally be used when groups are clashing, much like wells.
- Your staff's Marks and will be your main ranged option outside of Death Shroud.
- Don't spam oroff cooldown.'s condition transfer can save your life if your other condition removal skills are unavailable. Usingto interrupt enemies' melee train pushes, key skills (healing, Banner Standard, Meteor Shower, etc.), and stomps on your downed allies is very beneficial, but make sure they don't have stability.
- Don't spam
- Generally you'll use the axe in closer engagements and on solitary targets when not using .
- If you find yourself out of position, you may be able to teleport to relative safety by using on an enemy near your destination.
- YouTube: Gameplay by Nfn