Ranger - Longbow Beastmastery
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Ranger build for running around in open world. This build has access to a wide variety of useful pets, and can grind enemies down from a safe distance with longbow. It can also fight in melee with greatsword for good burst damage.
- A good Ranger swaps pets depending on the situation. Here are some pets worth having:
- Juvenile Jacaranda - highest damage pet.
- Juvenile Brown Bear - defensive pet that can tank for you and has a condition cleanse.
- Juvenile Rock Gazelle - provides good defiance bar damage.
- Juvenile Bristleback or Juvenile Smokescale - tanky pet that also deals high damage.
- Juvenile Marsh Drake - tanky pet that also deals good AoE damage.
- Juvenile Wolf - powerful AoE crowd control.
- Healing Skills
- Healing Spring - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- Frost Spirit - alternative damage skill, useful if there are allies around.
- Stone Spirit - if you're having trouble staying alive.
- Lightning Reflexes - alternative stun break and extra dodge.
- Quickening Zephyr - another stun break option, as well as providing personal quickness and superspeed.
- Signet of Stone - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- Entangle - powerful soft crowd control.
- This build uses similar gear to the Soulbeast - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. The only difference is that you use a longbow and run full Berserker stats.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- You can use for high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder stats. You lose about 15% damage but your health is increased by over 50%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- As a general rule you should stay in greatsword using 24px Maul as much as possible, filling with autoattacks.
- Longbow deals poor sustained damage, but can be used to Rapid Fire while running or as a ranged option.
- Use "Sic 'Em!" and "Strength of the Pack!" for a damage boost.
- Counterattack blocks attacks. The retaliatory attack doesn't trigger if you are jumping or out of range, allowing you to block multiple attacks with one Counterattack.
- The third hit of your greatsword autoattack is an evade, but this can be difficult to time properly.
- Hunter's Shot can be used to disengage with stealth.
- One tactic for dealing with dangerous enemies is to bring Juvenile Brown Bear or another tanky pet. This lets you deal damage from a safe distance while enemies are focused on your pet.
- If you have trouble surviving, you can run Stone Spirit or Signet of Stone.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.