Ranger - Longbow Beastmastery
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A basic but effective ranger build that F2P players can access. The Longbow Beastmaster is surprisingly powerful for a Core class and performs very well in event farming and casual solo open world.
- A good Ranger swaps pets depending on the situation. Here are some pets worth having:
- Juvenile Jacaranda - highest damage pet.
- Juvenile Brown Bear - defensive pet that can tank for you and has a condition cleanse.
- Juvenile Rock Gazelle - provides good defiance bar damage.
- Juvenile Bristleback or Juvenile Smokescale - tanky pet that also deals high damage.
- Juvenile Marsh Drake - tanky pet that also deals good AoE damage.
- Juvenile Wolf - powerful AoE crowd control.
- Healing Skills
- - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- - alternative damage skill, useful if there are allies around.
- - if you're having trouble staying alive.
- - extra toughness and a panic button
- - alternative stun break and extra dodge.
- - another stun break option, as well as providing personal quickness and superspeed.
- Elite Skills
- - powerful soft crowd control.
- - if running .
- This build uses similar gear to the Soulbeast - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. The only difference is that you use a longbow and run full Berserker stats.
- Berserker's gear is also a viable option.
- You can use for high sustain at the cost of damage.
- offers higher burst at the cost of sustained damage.
- can be used over for some much-needed sustain.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- is a good budget option.
- orfor your utility.
- Never interrupt your greatsword autoattack chain.
- can be used to reset .
- is worth using as a gap closer.
- Line up your longbow shots to pierce as many targets as possible with .
- Never use unless crowd control is required.
- Try not to activate your signets.
- blocks attacks. The retaliatory attack doesn't trigger if you are jumping or out of range, allowing you to block multiple attacks with one .
- The third hit of your greatsword autoattack is an evade, but this can be difficult to time properly.
- can be used to disengage with stealth.
- One tactic for dealing with dangerous enemies is to bring Juvenile Brown Bear or another tanky pet. This lets you deal damage from a safe distance while enemies are focused on your pet.
- If you have trouble surviving, you can run or .
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- Your pet’s F2 skill
- (as a last resort)