Ranger - Melee Burst Beast
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This is a high damage, melee oriented Soulbeast build, featuring good sustain, high mobility, and excellent team support. allows for incredibly high burst damage through and Smoke Assault. Sword and Greatsword offer great evasion and burst capabilities that are enhanced in beast mode, but requires smart play and positioning. Stances offer team condition cleansing, stability, and boonshare. Juvenile Jaraconda is your sustain pet, offering two healing skills and AoE resistance, as well as great downed control through two Call Lightning's. Juvenile Smokescale is your DPS/Utility pet, offering additional evasion, cc, and damage as well as stealth.
- Replace Moa Stance with for spike resistance at the cost of boon uptime.
is an additional stunbreak as well as more reliable burst against targets which block frequently at the cost of boon uptime.
Wilderness Survival over Beastmastery offers greater survivability over utility and some damage. If doing so, consider using over Bear Stance. Also consider the loss of cleanse this will bring for your team.
- Guaranteed crit on after swapping to greatsword.
- Superior Rune of Hoelbrak Helps in the condi heavy meta.
- This build plays similar to the Holosmith, with some key differences. You have greater sustain, more evasion, better single target burst, and far better team support at the cost of vulnerability to ganks, less AoE damage and more infrequent single target bursting due to One Wolf Pack's recharge time. Nonetheless, even when the skill is on cooldown, you have a number of options at your disposal to deal significant damage. Your role is variable, but focuses on +1ing and assisting in team fights. Your ability to 1v1 on point depends on the target. Scourges, if not bursted down immediately, are a difficult opponent to stay on point with, but yet not impossible due to your sources of evasion and frequent cleansing. Spellbreakers are potent enemies, and require you to play very carefully against them as to not trigger Full Counter with either your attacks or those of your pets. If on point fighting proves difficult at any point, you have a number of tools to disengage and heal up with.
- Enter fights with shared with your pet Smokescale. The Smokescale will use his skill Smoke Assault when within ~600 range of an enemy, adding to your burst. Use Hunter's Call, followed by Beastmode Smoke Assault and to quickly finish enemies. Certain enemies, such as Holosmiths and Spellbreakers, usually carry traits which trigger invulnerability. One Wolf Pack has a long duration (12 seconds), and as such, certain skills which may assist in your burst can be delayed until their invulnerability has expired.
- if used in Beastmode will make your attacks unblockable for four seconds. Consider this when bursting targets with aegis or blocks, such as Guardians.
- This build has a lot of utility and the mobility needed to quickly travel around the map. Assist your teammates wherever you are needed. You have the tools to burst targets, as well as support allies. Outside of One Wolf Pack, always try to share your stances with teammates.
- When facing pressure, use / , as well as , to disengage. Both these skills, as well as Call of the Wild, can be used to give you stealth through Smoke Cloud.
- is the third auto-attack on the greatsword. It can be used up to three times in a row with the following combo. Land the first two skills of your auto-attack chain on an enemy. Use power stab, but before the skill can finish, either dodge, or if you cannot dodge, stow your weapon to ensure the skill does not hit a target. Use power stab a second time, allowing it to finish, but ensure that it does not hit a target, and then use it a third time, preferably hitting a target. This combo offers over three seconds of evasion with each auto-attack sequence.
- Swapping pets grants you Superspeed and Quickness. Use this to enhance bursts or disengage more easily.
- If an enemy is downed and a stomp would be dangerous, enter Beastmode and use Call Lightning on the target, then exit Beastmode and have your Jaraconda use Call Lightning. This will add great downed pressure to a target.
- Try saving for when is off cooldown. Doing so significantly lengthens the duration of stability. In addition, entering beastmode when your pet has stability will grant you five seconds of it thanks to .
- Entering Beastmode with the Jacaranda will increase your outgoing healing by 25%, increasing the healing granted from .
- Maul followed by is also a prominent, though difficult to land, burst combo. Consider using skills such as or Takedown to help it land.
- offers great rezz capability. Also consider using Call of the Wild to blast finish your Smokescale's Smoke Field to prevent stomps on downed allies.
- Entering Beastmode and using Smoke Assault can help you stick to slippery targets, such as Thieves and Mesmers. Try doing this in anticipation of a teleport.
- Sic 'Em is sometimes better saved on targets who would otherwise stealth when bursted. Use it wisely.
- Power-based spike damage