Reaper - Chilling Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Variant of Reaper - Power Greatsword popularized by Gayest_Charr_Ever. This build uses Spectral skills and to maintain chill on enemies for a damage bonus.
- Use offhand Dagger for more condition cleanse or Warhorn for more crowd control.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- Consume Conditions - if you need more condition cleanse.
- Utility Skills
- Summon Shadow Fiend - a minion that distracts enemies, deals decent damage, blinds, and chills.
- Spectral Armor - more defensive stun break variant.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the same gear as the Reaper - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Reaper's Shroud is an insane damage boost. Go into it any time you are above 50% life force for permanent Quickness and extremely high AoE damage.
- Never interrupt your shroud autoattack chain.
- Nightfall and Soul Spiral are your highest damage skills. Fight in melee and use these skills to rack up dead bodies.
- Once your burst damage skills are exhausted, you should fall back on Gravedigger, your bread and butter damage skill. Use it as often as possible, and look for opportunities to reset it by hitting enemies under 50% health.
- When Nightfall, Gravedigger and Reaper's Shroud are all unavailable, just camp in greatsword and press all your buttons.
- Axe/warhorn deals poor sustained damage but provides Ghastly Claws and Locust Swarm, two high-damage skills. You can open with these skills for burst damage before swapping to greatsword. You can also swap to axe/warhorn and use these skills before and after Reaper's Shroud.
- If you don't need a stun break, you can use "You Are All Weaklings!" off cooldown for might.
- Remember that you can always sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks. Not taking damage is always the better option because it lets you conserve life force (and maintain your bonus if applicable).
- You can stack blind, chill, and weakness on enemies to mitigate most of their damage.
- If you're taking a lot of damage you can use Reaper's Shroud as a second health bar. Infusing Terror in shroud helps with damage mitigation.
- Use "Suffer!" to cleanse conditions. If you need more condition cleanse run Consume Conditions or bring a dagger offhand for Deathly Swarm.
- If you go down just use Life Leech to get back up.