Reaper - Power Shoutmancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Another patch, another try for power Reapers.
- Dagger/Warhorn over Greatsword.
- Spend most of your time in teamfights as your role is to do heavy AoE pressure. Duels aren't impossible to win, but the build can be easily outplayed should the enemy play it safe, as it can't really play for outsustaining opponents.
- Although sustain's low, there are several ways to mitigate damage. should be used the moment you suspect to be targeted. (SA) is also an effective tool especially when used before entering Reaper Shroud - taking damage while SA is up generates a lot of Life Force (LF) too which greatly extends the time you can spend in shroud.
- Staff is a very versatile weapon. Skill #3 snares and reduces enemy healing via Poison, skill #4 transfers conditions and the mark itself deals solid AoE damage, and skill #5 is a hard CC. All of these are unblockable and genereate LF.
- is one of the few ways to cleanse conditions with this build, try to make sure it's not interrupted. Taking adventage of line of sight, inflicting blind from , Stability from the elite skill or (if you leave shroud before it wears off) are great ways to do that.
Life Force and sustain
- As mentioned above, all staff marks are unblockable and generate LF from a safe range.
- is a crucial part of self sustain. , , and
- in an Ice Field applies for an additional 10% direct damage reduction and chill.
- The build starts to shine once enemies reach 50% HP, that's when , , and other Spite line passives start to kick in.
- Even without Fury from allies, the build will reach almost 100% crit chance in Reaper Shroud thanks to , which is where the bulk of your damage will come from. Try to drop and whenever possible right before entering shroud to further increase the damage of your AoEs.
- Greatsword is situational, will mainly be used for Nightfall (and once enemies pile up, quite useful for downed cleave while they try to rez). Other than that the weapon is very unreliable due to its long cast times.
- Heavy condition pressure.