Reaper - Power Signet
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Power Reaper can be played to high survivability while consistently coming near top dps in metas. This build trades away the burst damage provided by , , and as found in raid and fractal builds. In turn, it gains the sustain and flat damage of increased time in , which is heavily bonused by , , , and . Significant utility is added outside of shroud by inclusion of . This build is strong in metas and handles solo content up through some Champions.
- This build uses equipment identical to many fractal/raid builds - keeping costs and inventory needs to a minimum.
- Exotic gear with berserker stats can be used in place of ascended gear and is affordable off the market board.
- Slot a Magical Enrichment in the amulet for an additional 20% Magic Find.
- can be used for generating Fury, one of the buffs unavailable here. However, it trades away the Scholar bonuses while gaining only eight seconds of Fury every 30 seconds and Fury will almost certainly be present in any meta.
- would be a defensive option, except that the six-piece bonus was broken as of early March, 2021. I submitted a ticket at that time but have yet to see any information in patch notes.
- for magic find, gold from monsters, experience bonus, and karma at a low cost. Great food for meeting Open World goals.
- for magic find and experience bonus with a low price tag. Again, in Open World most players will aim to maximize rewards rather than abandon an improved drop rate to get a small buff to damage.
- Guild Magic Find Bonus can be added as a constant buff if you belong to a guild with a bartender.
- Maximize time in . While in shroud, your will be in effect and raise your health pool.
- and can be used prior to entering shroud as the shroud signet will be active regardless. should never be used - it is present only for the passive bonus.
- Do not enter and exit shroud every 10 seconds for purposes of triggering . Stay in shroud when you can.
- is one of the strongest Open World utility skills in the game. It's a teleport, provides 24 seconds of swiftness, breaks stuns, and converts five conditions to life force. It's hilariously good. Use it frequently - any time you get a condition or get knocked down/stunned or gotta go fast. Paired with it will allow perma-swiftness.
- can be used before entering to reduce incoming damage by way of AoE blindness. This raises the percentage of time you are in shroud.
- HOW TO SHROUD. Use shroud auto-attacks to deal single-target damage, lengthen your time in shroud, and to get 25 stacks of might and vulnerability. Shroud 2 is gap closer only. Use shroud 3 --> shroud 4 to bring the pain, but if using this on a single mob then try to use shroud autoattacks to cap might and vulnerability first. Shroud 5 is the execute - use under 25% health remaining on things dying quickly and under 50% on things dying slowly enough that you'll get another use under 25%.
- Never interrupt Shroud or Greatsword auto-attack chains. The big damage for both weapons is on the third skill in a three-skill chain.
- Reaper has skills on both weapons, the execute in shroud, and the elite for breaking defiance bars.
- The third axe skill provides boonstripping.
- While I encourage everyone to play with builds and make them their own, beware of . It's a trap skill for a shroud-focused, Open World build. Yes, it will cap your crit chance in shroud with this build, but this trait should be avoided in favor of due to kill times on most things you would solo being almost the same, providing healing, and the fact that in a meta you can virtually guarantee someone will provide Fury which will crit cap you while in shroud and make the skill redundant.