Reaper - Procmancer - (WvW)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high pressure Reaper build created to deal spike damage with various trait procs simultaneously. Heavily relies on allies for support.
- Use Axe instead of Scepter for more AoE boon corruption and strong life force generation at the cost of personal condition damage.
- more Life Force at the cost of condition clear
- high risk/reward AoE damage
- another condition transfer.
- damage mitigation + the extra body count can further split the damage of skills such as . The minions can also be used to trigger enemy traps.
- to counter groups with heavy block uptime, mostly DH shield of courage.
- if using
- Add more Viper's to increase damage, more Trailblazer's to increase survivability.
- While more condition duration is always optimal "Dire" is nearly as effective because this build focuses on boon corrupt and condition burst. If running Dire it is recommended you switch the runes to a condi duration variant, 4 nightmare + 2 trapper or 4 lich + 2 trapper.
- Staff auto attacks are low impact and its abilities relatively long cooldowns, so the best use of the weapon is to use its cooldown skills then swap out as soon as possible.
- Use and to build area condi stacks.
- and usage should be more careful, don't be afraid to leave them off cooldown when swapping back to S/D.
- is one of your limited anti-condition skills so use it carefully.
- Interrupt key skills with the fear of .
- is an excellent filler that can be spammed while waiting for your CDs. The final attack corrupts a boon, which can be quite punishing for any opponent especially ones with pulsing Stability like other Reapers in Shroud.
- and both deal significant AoE damage, but can be difficult to land. Consider saving these skills to set up an on a downed player.
- is a powerful interrupt due to its unblockable nature, try not to waste it as this skill can easily doom low health opponents hiding behind skills such as .
- - the frequent damage pulses are great for consuming Blindness, the Swfitness makes it easier to stick to the target while in Reaper's Shroud, and finally each strike also inflicts soft-CC in form of Cripple while generating additional LF.
- adds more torment the more conditions your target has, up to 5 extra stacks. Try to get the most you can, but don't hold on to the skill for too long.
- Another of your anti-condition skills, avoid using this for damage in most cases.
- The bulk of your pressure will come from entering in order to instantly proc on Spite and on Curses.
- There's minimal condition cleansing in the build, but there are various conditions transfers (note that all of these can be blocked/dodged in which case the transfer doesn't happen so be careful):
- on Staff. As it's an AoE skill even if you miss the target in a teamfight it's almost a guaranteed transfer.
- (x2) both in form of a utility skill and a trait proc from . Being a stunbreaker is a nice added functionality although it means that Fear and Taunt cannot be sent to another target because these will be removed before the transfer could happen. The passive effect doesn't work in Shroud. Requires line of sight (LoS).
- (optional utility skill) is yet another AoE transfer with a bit of extra pressure. Doesn't require LoS.
- can be used to bait out dodges by stowing your weapon right after starting to channel the skill in order to cancel it - it'll only go on a ~5s CD but the entire animation will play.
- If using it will act as your main source of LF regen so try to cast it with as many targets in range as possible (striking more targets also reduces the recharge of the skill).
- Landing successfully is critical.
- A Stow Weapon keybind is useful to cancel a cast that would be unsuccessful.
- Downed players have increased health and are unable to dodge making them excellent targets to set up .
- Make sure to strip Resistance, will fizzle when cast on a target with resistance.
- along with are your best on demand sources of poison. Use them to prevent rezzes on downed players.
- Combo for Frost Aura whenever you can by using in the Ice Field created by .
- Try to combo your with a field for maximum damage. Stand inside your target if you want all the additional bolts to hit only them.
- The Chill field of will add the most damage but and are also options.
- YouTube: [Trex] Cinnamon
- YouTube: [Mada] BeyondB