Reaper - Vampiric Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high damage Power Reaper PvP build with some boon hate and party utility, designed primarily for team fights.
For the optional slot:
- Well of Suffering - excellent unblockable damage. Synergy with traits, skills, and even the rune.
- Spectral Armor - defensive pick that can help with sustain and Life Force management.
- Spectral Grasp - CC and Life Force management.
- Ritual of Life boosts your ability to revive allies.
- Ghastly Claws is the best burst skill in the build and should be set up properly. Use it either after a CC like Grasping Darkness or while you have Quickness. Usually this should be the first skill you use after swapping to the Axe/Warhorn set.
- Entering Reaper's Shroud procs Spiteful Spirit, which is AoE boon corruption. As it's instant and can be activated while stunned this can be used to counter-pressure enemies and take away their edge.
- Soul Spiral deals heavy damage while applying AoE Poison, making it excellent for downed cleave.
- Use Locust Swarm for mobility while traveling between capture points, or as a source of Blind removal during combat. To elaborate, it does insignificant damage but frequently. Most of your attacks are slow and easy to avoid, in melee range of an enemy there's a fairly high chance that the Locust pulses will be blinded instead of your important skills, which is quite convenient especially in Shroud. Wells and Nightfall can serve similar purposes too, but they are far more valuable than Locust.
- "Chilled to the Bone!" has a very distinct animation which makes it easy to avoid, if you feel like that's going to happen then stow your weapon to cancel the channeling. This is also great for fake casting - you can use the skill, cancel it immediately with weapon stow (the whole animation will still play, potentially baiting out dodges or other defensive CDs), and send it only on a CD of 5 seconds.
- With Decimate Defenses and Vulnerability stacking you can potentially reach 100% crit chance. Notable sources of Vulnerability include Death Spiral, Bitter Chill, and Death's Embrace.
- Wail of Doom is the only unblockable CC in the build.
- Blighter's Boon will be a crucial part of your defense, although most of the boons are just generated passively through sigils and the Spite trait line.
- Nightfall is the only thing that justifies taking Greatsword, its strength is arguably on par with Well skills. Nightfall is fairly versatile and useful in many sutations, especially when it comes to surviving vs melee players or 1v1ing on point (but that's not your main role).
- The auto attack chain is just way too slow and will barely (if ever) be used.
- Gravedigger suffers from the same problem as the auto chain, but at least it hits way harder. This will mostly be used as a downed cleave skill when Shroud is on CD, but if you're feeling lucky you can try to use it for bursting in regular combat especially against bunkers. Much easier to land with Quickness from the rune.
- Death Spiral is excellent for stacking some vulnerability/life force/and healing with vampiric traits.
- Grasping Darkness is a decent CC but can be hard to land against moving targets.
- After unloading skills 3-5 spend most of your time in Reaper's Shroud waiting for weapon swap to come off CD.
- Wells are high pressure, unblockable skills that are useful in just about any situation from sustain to AoE cleave.
- They each grant Protection, and Quickness from . Use quickness for the most important skills in the build like your heal, elite, Ghastly Claws, and Executioner's Scythe.
- Well of Corruption is rather self-explanatory, just use it to pressure targets with a lot of important boons like Stability, Protection, or high Might stacks.
- Well of Power is one of the most useful defensive skills in the build. It breaks stun, grants Protection, steals health, and provides just enough Stability + Quickness to cover the duration of Consume Conditions, while cleansing incoming conditions.
- Well of Suffering deals considerable damage and pulses Vulnerability which further increases your damage. Vulnerability has synergy with several things, most notably Ghastly Claws (which is perfect as a followup skill for this) and Decimate Defenses.
- Well of Blood - although it's not on your bar, this is worth a mention. Ritual of Life can proc this when you being to revive an ally. Note that you'll only be healed by this proc if you're not in Reaper's Shroud.
- Most of your burst comes from Reaper's Shroud, where your damage is further increased by Death Perception.
- Opening with Infusing Terror is very common, as it helps getting your damage off uninterrupted while the damage reduction helps you stay in shroud longer.
- Terrify is the chain skill of this slot. This should only be used when either A) you need an emergency CC, or B) Infusing Terror is about to expire.
- Death's Charge should be used in the field created by Executioner's Scythe for the
- Soul Spiral should primarily be used on CC'd or downed targets (as Poison reduces the resurrection healing coming from their allies, and the skill can be hard to land in general if there's no setup for it).
- Executioner's Scythe's a single target skill for the most part, and one that's best used on low-HP targets. Terrify can Fear targets long enough to prevent enemies from dodging this skill.
- Use auto attacks when eveything else is on CD.
- Twitch: Hollts