Reaper - Viper Burst Burning
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A straightforward, fast paced condi Reaper for running around open world. This build is fairly tanky and has great bursting capabilities, while still dealing strong damage over time. It was adapted from Reaper - Condi Minion Master.
Note: This build does not gain a lot from weapon swapping.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - for better sustained healing against single targets.
- - if more healing is needed.
- - if more condition cleanse is needed.
- Stat infusions are not required, but valuable to get closer to the cap of 100% more condition duration.
- A cheaper variant that uses exotic gear is listed below.
- While still farming ascended Viper gear, exotic gear with Carrion stats can be used to bridge the gap.
- Note: The gear is displayed as ascended due to technical limitations. The exotic version should be used for this budget gear set, though.
- You can see the stats and details for both gear sets on GW2 Skills:
- The auto-attack chain (AAC) of is your best damage tool:
- Activate right after entering shroud so you take less damage and can't be interrupted.
- Then use your auto-attack chain repeatedly to stack burning and vulnerability. Don't interrupt it until you run out of life force, if at all possible.
- - if you need to re-apply chill for the damage bonus of, or to catch up to your enemy.
- - if you can hit multiple enemies that stand too far apart for your AAC to hit them all.
Not In Shroud
- is your highest priority if you're not in shroud. It deals a lot of damage over time and grants you might.
- Use to transfer the self-inflicted conditions to your enemies.
- If you have used your skills that grant you life force and are still below 50%, fill with your scepter's auto-attack chain and apply bleeds with:
Life Force Management
- You'll want to be in as often and as long as possible. Use these skills to refill your life force while you're not:
- (orif untraited)
- - Use it right before you enteragain, to pull enemies close together.
- Against the majority of enemies, your minions should be able to draw enemy aggro and tank for you.
- is a strong defensive skill that can be used as damage mitigation.
- Always hit as many targets with it as possible.
- If you're taking a lot of damage you can use as a second health bar.
- in shroud helps with damage mitigation.
- can be used to blind enemies.
- provides good sustained healing against single targets.
- If you need even more sustained healing, you can trait .
- is your main condition cleanse. If you need more you can run the following: