Renegade - Retribution Kalla
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A bunker Renegade build for sPvP.
- Both (Jalis) and (Shiro) are equally viable options for the second legend slot, the choice is entirely up to the player. Jalis offers more sustain while Shiro has better mobility and damage.
- is also a viable option, especially on Shiro.
- could help you secure the second half of without getting interrupted.
- Invoking a legend resets energy to 50 (ideally 75, more on that later), removes 1 condition, and could even trigger the sigils of your active weapon set (if they are not on CD) among other things. Swapping legends is basically the main resource management tool in the build - swap whenever you're out of CDs, low on energy, or need to cleanse.
- Renegade comes with its 3 own specialization skills. and are the first two and will hardly ever be used. is slightly more viable, but not in combat (except for energy depleting) - instead, you should be using this between fights for the Alacrity, to speed up the CD recovery of your team.
- Because of you should always aim to deplete your energy before switching legends.
- allows for permanent Swiftness uptime. The easiest way to trigger this is to turn either (if you chose Shiro) or (if you chose Jalis) on/off every 5 seconds.
- Much of the build's damage comes from spamming as much as you can.
- Every skill on this legend applies AoE Protection through the trait , and all the summons stay active even after swapping legends except for the elite because that's an upkeep skill.
- Summons can be killed and CC'd - try to spread them out in a way that their effects overlap but the summons aren't on top of each other.
- Against projectile based specs you could actually exploit this to your advantage, hiding behind the spirits to make them bodyblock projectiles. This trick could even be used to safe stomp Warriors/Revenants/Engineers.
- is the healing skill of Kalla. It gives -50% condition damage to everyone standing inside of it while also providing significant AoE healing per second for 10 seconds. Swapping to Shiro and dodging inside its area helps you recover from low health while avoiding most of the damage. Coupled with the passive stacking trait you can build a fair amount of condition damage reduction.
- is the stun break here, but that's just one aspect of it. The Stability further mitigates incoming damage through while the CC not only shuts down enemies through interrupts, but also spams Weakness from on each hit.
- In general, this is the first skill you should cast when in combat after swapping to Legendary Renegade Stance. Do note however that using this skill offensively makes you rather easy to shut down and killed in a CC chain if the enemy has stability stacks unless legend swap is available.
- brings AoE damage and when paired with the elite summon it gives you more damage while also giving you sustain.
- for the most part is irrelevant and won't be used, except for niche situations like having some energy to spare just before you're about to swap legends and there's nothing else to use, or if you're under pressure and need the Protection from it.
- is a great skill for both burst damage and self-sustain. Try to overlap as many different sources of damage (such as summons) as possible to get the maximum amount of procs out of it. The short bow autoattack procs this effect once when the projectile hits and once when the projectile explodes and applies bleeding.
- is a skill with life steal, which means the damage it deals bypasses any damage mitigation including Protection or even . That being said it still can't go through evasion or invulnerabilities such as .
- can augment any skill and increase your damage output significantly while active. It's quite expensive though, so don't maintain it for more than a few seconds at a time, use it only for bursts. Note that it's only single target damage, doesn't cleave.
- Always stop maintaining this skill if you're about to hit 0 energy - turning it off sends it on a 1 second CD while running out of energy results in a 4 second CD.
- is great for initiating fights from range and immediately starting off with Quickness coupled with unblockable attacks. Quickness can be used to do burst damage or cleave downed targets better through auto attacking, while the unblockable attacks could seal the fate of enemies relying on blocking as their last resource option for sustain. Either follow up with hard hitting attacks or a if you wish to interrupt them (and to cancel their blocking skill).
- won't be used much because it blows pretty much your entire energy pool, leaving you defenseless and with barely anything to capitalize on the CC. This should only be used to set up kills for your teammates, or to interrupt very important channels like a rez or a stomp.
- is great for mitigating damage for both yourself and your team.
- provides excellent defense vs CC for every ally affected, while also mitigating direct damage through the Weakness and the trait (although the trait only affects you).
- This skill has synergy with your Kalla spirits! As the summoned spirits are interactable, enemies can CC them, but you can prevent that by granting them Stability through this skill after swapping legends.
- is yet another form of damage mitigation, and it's instant.
- is one of the strongest skills you've got in the build, and also the only stunbreak on this legend. It's rather costly though, keep it for saving your allies or breaking out of stuns that could result in your death.
- Being a stun break with a cast time, that means if you get interrupted while channeling it you'll lose the entire energy cost of this skill without getting anything other than a stun break out of it. Consider using it while standing on whenever possible.
- also deserves a mention. You've guessed, another skill for mitigating damage but this is a bit more situational as it doesn't work on targets that are immune to CC. It's also just in general a great AoE CC that could either set up kills for your team, or take pressure off of them.