Renegade - Shortbow Renegade
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Zerg Variant
- 7 Usage
Shortbow Renegade is a powerful option for open world that features fast, high ranged area damage and extreme sustain. This build is extremely versatile and capable of fulfilling roles in almost any aspect of open world, from speed tagging to zerging to soloing bounties.
The playstyle of this build revolves around kiting damage with Renegade's Shortbow while absuing Battle Scars. Revenant is an extremely versatile class, so you will often swap legends based on the situation. For example, you might take Ventari if you need projectile hate or Jallis when higher CC or extra defense is needed.
In general this build requires low mechanical input to play but requires knowledge of encounters and your class to excel.
- You can run a Staff in place of your Mace / Axe set for high CC, though your damage will take a huge hit.
- - Use this for 's massive damage reduction.
- - Projectile defense and condition cleanse
- - Replace's against enemies that move frequently.
Your third specialization is dependant on you gear and playstyle.
- offers smoother energy management, which can result in higher DPS depending on your playstyle.
Retribution provides a significant amount of defense, so long as you can maintain your Vigor uptime.
- - use when condition pressure is high
This is a general damage variant and is stronger than Invocation when using the Trailblazer or Dire variants.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Viper Equipment is better for the vast majority of open world farming due to its higher burst. Due to Renegade's extremely high sustain, Viper is often the best option.
- , - easier to obtain
- Trailblazer gear offers much higher defense at the cost of burst and DPS. This variant is more useful for soloing extremely difficult content, such as legendary bounties.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- - high sustain
- - higher damage
- Can't find such food "Bowl of Meat and Winter Vegetables"! Please refer to our food index. / - Dodges, might
- - damage utility
- This build can be quickly modified to perform well in zergs, even fast-paced ones. To do so, simply camp Shortbow and use : as often as possible. For mob groups, use : or : . Your is a rapid-firing AOE; use it to tag groups of mobs by abusing Tab targetting.
This variant can zerg quite well; however it may be beneficial to look into Renegade - TagRen for a more in-depth explanation.
- This build is relatively simple to deal damage with. Spam your while using your other shortbow skills off cooldown. Be sure that your lands.
- While in , use .
- Spam off cooldown.
- While in , use . Keep mobs on the edge of your damage area and kite them around with shortbow.
- If using , abuse for high sustain or for vuln application and high sustain.
- Your Battle Scars from Devastation provide you with incredibly high sustain.
- Swapping legends transfers conditions
- is useful for difficult solos where condition pressure is low.
- grants Resistance and breaks stun
- is a long-duration projectile block
- removes conditions