Scourge - Celestial Scourge
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Celestial Scourge brings a mix of AoE condition damage and power damage, boon corruption and team support but is vulnerable to being focused due to a lack of personal defenses.
- Melee boon corrupt and damage.
- Ranged boon corrupt and barrier.
- For extra lifeforce and stunbreak.
- Defensive mobility and situational utility.
- - When condition clear in the group is lacking.
- if Life Force generation is an issue.
- trades damage/LF for sustain.
Using Soul Reaping over Spite loses some boonrips but provides a significant DPS boost.
- feast option with additional power and ferocity.
- Extra boon rip
- Excellent with .
- Extremely high sustain boost
- recommended offensive food for power-focused builds
- recommended offensive food if kills are frequent
- recommended defensive food for condi-focused builds
- option for condition focused builds, especially with Grieving and Viper gear.
- easier to obtain, minimal power loss(~3power) is better than magnanimous with some grieving pieces.
Elite especialization basics
- This is how the shade mechanic works: if you have no active shade () in the world, all your F2-F5 skills will proc around you. If you do have an active shade, all your shade shade skills, and related traits, will only affect the active shade area, not you.
- Therefore, depending on you group playstyle, you may not want to place a shade at all, and behave yourself like a mobile shade, doing damage while in melee, and benefiting from the barrier and cleanse. However, being able to 900-range spike can be superior if coordinating shade cooldowns, and knowing when and where to place your . The self support aspect of the shade skills is mostly irrelevant, since you run with dedicated supports in WvW zergs.
- All of your shade skills will proc the strike of (F1), whichs means you want to instantly use then, as soon as you land your F1, to maximize damage. All of then hit up to 10 targets due to .
- Shroud traits proc as if the shade skills counted as that shroud skill.
- procs , and all of then proc .
- proc on going in
- and can be used before landing a shade, for extra barrier and cleanse.
- will continue pulsing if a new shade is summoned at the location of the new shade so there should be no worry about repositioning shades when needed.
- Shade usage order (with enough life force)
- Using F1 ⇒ ⇒ ++
- Not using F1 (on melee) ⇒ ++
Scourge brings strong damage through his shade skills, barrier access and boonrip.
- Positioning, reacting fast and timing your dodges well are key. You don't have evade skills nor immunities like other classes, and your support classes won't be able to babysit you all the time.
- The weapon sets and combinations aren't an agreement. Axe/Torch for example has strong melee pressure, whilst Axe/Focus has an amazing single target spike. The way you choose between weapons is going to be based mainly in your playstyle and in what your group want you to focus on.
- Both your shade and wells skills are really important and shouldnt be used mindlessly. Coordinate these with your group to maximize its effectiveness.
- and are a significant part of your damage and boonrip outside of weapon skills and shroud. Place then on top of the enemy group, along friendly and your team pressure.
- will be used for the group barrier share before and during extended engages.
- is the only stunbreak in the build. Don't waste if for the stability of the swiftness it gives. Can be also used when pushing melee for the boonrip trail it provides, but its not encouraged.
- is going to be dropped if the enemy is hard commiting into a melee push, to panic disrupt then. Can also be used offensively on melee, to stack AoE fields on top of the enemy stack and lock then down through corrupts and conditions.
- is your most important skill and one of the reasons why you run the Curses spec. Try to keep it on cooldown when you are in range. You can pre-cast it in 1,200-range, while moving towards the enemy, to avoid downtime.
- Since it has a 10s cooldown, you should be able to cast it twice per weapon swap rotation, as your opener and finisher. It also is one of your main sources of life force in the build.
- provides good AoE damage and should be used constantly to maintain AoE pressure.
- for the extra AoE Weakness and corrupt. Bear in mind the cast and animation time.
- Use whenever you might need some condi clear.
- Weaponset rotation (from range): ⇒ ⇒ .
- is one of your most powerful melee skills, try to use it as often as possible for AoE boon corruption and extra damage on low targets.
- a strong life force generator and high single target damage skill. Useful for a quick downed cleave.
- is a rather strong filler for single target damage.
- decent for melee damage and cleave as well as life force generator.
- single target CC. Use it to snare escaping players or interrupt channeled skills.
- Weaponset rotation (in melee): ⇒ ⇒ or .
- Staff auto attacks are low impact and its abilities relatively long cooldowns, so the best use of the weapon is to use its cooldown skills then swap out as soon as possible.
- Use and to build area condi stacks.
- and usage should be more careful, don't be afraid to leave them off cooldown when swapping back to S/D.
- is one of your limited anti-condition skills so use it carefully.
- Interrupt key skills with the fear of .
Weapon skills combos
- ⇒ Weapon Swap ⇒ ⇒ ()
- YouTube: [BoRP] Arete
- YouTube: [aW] Demon PuppetSpite Variant
- YouTube: [aW] Demon PuppetStrip/Corrupt Guide