Scourge - Utility Condi DPS (Fractal)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A condition DPS and utility build for Scourge. While not the highest DPS build, this build provides decent sustained DPS and ridiculously strong AoE cleave with Epidemic. It also provides strong incidental support for its party by generating Might, cleansing conditions, and overhealing allies with barriers.
- While Scourge is not normally considered a strong DPS class, its defensive support makes it great for carrying weaker groups. It can fill an off-support role in the line of Druid - Boon Support Condi DPS as it can both heal and do good damage. Note that barrier is unaffected by the healing reduction of Agony, which means in some situations a Scourge will heal for more than a dedicated healer.
- This guide is focused on fractals. For the raid version see Scourge - Utility Condi DPS.
- Summon Shadow Fiend if you don't need Epidemic.
- Corrosive Poison Cloud if projectile absorb is needed.
- Sand Swell - 900 range portal, useful for mobility or skips.
- Summon Flesh Wurm - 1200 range teleport. Can also bodyblock certain projectiles (e.g. Old Tom's poison whirl).
- Spectral Grasp - AoE pull for easier cleaving.
- Well of Darkness - AoE blind, useful if party members are downing to trash.
- Summon Flesh Golem for more CC.
- Use Parasitic Contagion for strong self heal at a ~15% DPS loss.
Blood Magic Variant
- Taking Blood Magic instead of Soul Reaping is a loss of ~1000 DPS, but provides more support through minor healing and Transfusion. Usually not worth running, but can be helpful in training runs or struggling groups.
- Use Quickening Thirst for extra run speed when on Scepter/Dagger.
- 24px Manifest Sand Shade if you have less than 2 shades.
- 24px Desert Shroud ⇒ Blood Is Power
- Feast of Corruption
- 24px Harrowing Wave
- Grasping Dead
- 24px Oppressive Collapse
- Scepter autoattack chain
- If using Epidemic, use it whenever there are enemies near the main target.
- Feel free to use 24px Nefarious Favor, 24px Sand Cascade, or 24px Garish Pillar if life force is over capping, or to support your teammates with cleanses, barriers, and CC.
- 24px Oppressive Collapse
- Your best option without losing DPS are soft CCs such as cripple, blindness, and fear from 24px Garish Pillar.
- Summon Flesh Golem is one of the strongest crowd control skills the necromancer has, but you give up Plaguelands by taking it.
- In emergencies, you can swap to warhorn for Wail of Doom.
Fractals of the Mists
- Take Corrosive Poison Cloud and place it on top of the attackable elemental at 75%, 50% and 25% to prevent it from shooting at the fires.