Soulbeast - Boon Beast
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This Soulbeast build for sPvP focuses on boon stacking, mobility, plus sustained damage and is currently considered to be one of the best duelists in the game. While it's primarily made for 1v1s, the build has several tools for buffing allies as well.
- over- boon uptime over evasion.
For the optional slot there are 2 viable choices:
- - purely a defensive option, breaks stun, adds Vigor to the build, evades attacks and even cleanses conditions beyond just thetrait synergy. Note that the evade frame's cancelled by weapon swapping in which case the trait won't go off.
- - a more offensive choice which helps you burst better with auto attacks among other things, but also has a defensive side to it (breaks stun, cleanses conditions via WK, and the Superspeed is great for disengaging).
- If you're willing to sacrifice some of the damage / CC for more sustain, then replace off hand Axe with a Dagger to gain which provides evasion.
- - frequently available Resistance.
- - big boost to general boon duration.
- - an excellent defensive rune especially against condition pressure.
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Try to strike a balance between staying in and out of . While melding with your pet has certain benefits such as higher stats, keep in mind that you have 2 pets - each with situational skills that could save your life. The 10 second CD of Beastmode starts after you've quit the form which means you will have no access to the Beastmode of the other pet for that time period.
- Try to strike a balance between staying in and out of
- Skills that affect your pet such as the unblockable attacks from have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- In Beastmode you can stack Might for yourself through .
- gives you all your pet's boons upon melding.
- You can meld with dead pets and then exit the form to instantly revive them.
- Playstyle: Spend most of your time in duels and smaller skirmishes. Keep spamming axe auto attacks for sustained damage as much as possible whilst primarily focusing on survival, and use on CD for both burst damage and to maintain Weakness.
- Stack Swiftness for your team before the game starts! Use the following sequence:
- Have Owl as your active pet ⇒ (optional) ⇒⇒⇒
- This rotation is also excellent for stacking Might.
- Have Owl as your active pet ⇒
- Use before leaving spawn.
- Items created by Siamoth's Forage can be picked up by ANYONE including players of the opposing team, so try to pick them up as soon as possible.
- andare your two main mobility skills. Make sure you do not have anyone targeted while using them. Make sure you do not have an enemy targeted when using these skills for general mobility or disengaging.
- makes you leap backwards, while its chain skill will take you forward. To make better use of these, when you need to go in just one direction turn around before using, then turn back before using. Setting up a keybind for "about face" (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement) makes turning around much smoother.
- passively maintains a high uptime of healing reduction in duels via Poison, which is very important when fighting other bunker specs.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait .further reduces the condition damage you take by 33% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills each cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from, adding a whole new layer to your heal. Theit procs is fairly powerful when used right - try to cover as much of the capture point with it as possible, or use it to root people into a burst skill like.
- Each pet provides a different kind of immunity. Juvenile Siamoth has against direct damage, while Juvenile Owl offers Resistance against conditions via. The latter also heals for a huge amount and it's AoE, so try to share it with your team whenever possible!
Weapon sets and damage
- Most of the damage will come from spamming auto attacks.
- Every axe skill hits hard.
- is an excellent filler which stacks Might (double in) and bounces off to other targets. This skill allows you to keep some distance from the target while constantly pressuring them. The bouncing axes can also clean up mesmer clones nicely.
- is best used in melee range to make all attacks land on the target. The axes also pierce, hitting enemies behind your target as well.
- is a powerful ranged attack which should be used on CD and infor more damage and to deliver all of the conditions in 1 hit instead of having to rely on the pet. In addition to doing great damage, the Weakness on it keeps Power based specs in check.
- is rather hard to land at times. Its most reliable use is to chain-CC targets after.
- is the best AoE / burst skill of the build, but needs some setup (CC).
- Sword/Warhorn is the defensive/utility weapon set. It provides access to 2 skills with evasion, plenty of boons, unblockable attacks in beastmode through , and an auto attack with proper AoE cleave which you can use on downed targets or if an enemy uses projectile denial skills. Furthermore, Vulnerability stacking fromcan be used to set up burst.
- Juvenile Siamoth is the more offensive pet in the build. makes it easier to land your damage andis one of the best burst skills you have. A nice burst combo involves chaining these two into Winter's Bite, or Path of Scars + Whirling Defense.
- allows you to share your stances with allies, including your pet. Try to do this whenever possible.
- If taken should be used under heavy pressure. The skill starts off with 1 second of evasion to dodge incoming burst, followed by enhanced endurance regeneration for a while.
- Note: this stance pushes you all the way to the endurance regen cap, therefore doesn't stack with Vigor! If you're playing with try not to overlap the two skills too much.
- Note: this stance pushes you all the way to the endurance regen cap, therefore doesn't stack with Vigor! If you're playing with
- If taken is a high uptime stance which increases boon duration by 66%. Aim to sync it with your most important sources of boons such as,, and(from Siamoth's), just to mention a few.
- (DS) is very straightforward, use it under heavy condition pressure or if you don't want to risk getting interrupted. When facing condition based specs consider activating DS before resorting toas Dolyak Stance could remove up to 3 snaring conditions whilst making you immune to those specific ones for its duration, which means there's a higher chance for your heal to remove 4 damaging conditions (and of course having Stability up while channeling your heal is a nice bonus).
- is where your burst comes from. Always try to combo it with(as it strikes 16 times whilst stacking Vulnerability) and spam your auto attacks/skills as you need to land hits as often as possible.