Soulbeast - Boon Berserker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Soulbeast build for running around in open world. This build revolves around self-buffing with to get large damage and survivability buffs from Quickness and Protection.
- You'll be spending most of your time merged with the Ferocious pet of your choice. Here are some options:
- For your secondary pet you can bring a Supportive or Stout pet for extra survivability with skills like or :
- When unable to mount, you can also merge with a bird like Juvenile Eagle to use and to go faster.
- Use a Longbow if you need to range something.
- Elite Skills
- - for more burst damage, or if other players are providing you with might.
- - if you're having trouble staying alive.
Wilderness Survival Variant
- Use Wilderness Survival instead of Beastmastery if you really need help surviving. This is a significant DPS loss.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Soulbeast - Power DPS and Druid - Boon Support Healer builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- You can also use Minor Sigil of Agility for a much cheaper option that provides the same amount of quickness.
- For an even tankier option you can run full Marauder stats. You lose about 15% damage but your health is increased by over 50%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- orfor more damage.
- for playing with groups.
- is a good budget option.
- for more dodges.
- is a fantastic food for farming open world. It's cheap, provides a moderate boost to both damage and survivability, and increases magic find significantly.
- for more healing.
- is a great option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- oris your best damage option.
- is a great budget option.
- This build is built around maintaining as many boons on yourself as possible. The key skill is , which makes your boon-generating skills much more effective. Once in Moa Stance you can do any combination of the following:
- Once you have stacked Might, Fury, Protection, Regeneration, and Quickness to your heart's desire, you can share those boons to your pet with and then grant them back to yourself by entering . This provides you with an absurd amount of damage and survivability for the next ~20 seconds.
- In long fights, just keep refreshing your boons on cooldown.
- Your boon sharing will also benefit nearby allies (although they won't get Quickness).
- Your main damaging skills are , , , and .
- can be used to reset Maul.
- Remember to maintain Quickness by using or .
- If all your main damage skills are on cooldown, just swap between your weapons autoattacking and using the above skills whenever available.
- You have a lot of Protection and Regeneration with this build which can help you survive enemy aggro.
- can be used to evade attacks.
- Note that this skill is not instant cast like a normal dodge and will only queue after your current animation. To instantly evade something, stow your weapon and then press the skill.
- blocks attacks. The retaliatory attack doesn't trigger if you are jumping or out of range, allowing you to block multiple attacks with one .
- The third hit of your greatsword autoattack is an evade, but this can be difficult to time properly.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- If you're dying a lot consider traiting or running the Wilderness Survival traitline.