Soulbeast - Boon Berserker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- This build uses berserker stats for damage, with a balanced coating and a unique boon system to severely buff both attack and defense (see Boon System under Usage). It can be used with ranged or melee weapons, only the warhorn is mandatory, and the dagger strongly advised.
- First pet should have , sincewill be used in the opening buff combo. Use the Owl to move around quickly with.will grant you Swiftness without having to use, leaving the opening buff combo ready. For a more tanky option, you can use a Brown Bear to have.
- On the other pet, is the best damage option, butworks great too.
- A Smokeskale allows The Invisible Charge (see Chains), and a longer damage chain.
- Elite skill
- Use to create a very long stability loop in synergy with.
- Use for a maximum damage output. It's actually a great first choice in most situations, especially if you're using this build with a longbow.
- Other game modes
- Replace withif you intend to play this build in WvW or PvP.
Do not touch Nature Magic and Soulbeast, but you can replace Wilderness Survival with any other specialization. However, Wilderness Survival has the best synergy with the build, and brings enhanced survivability that makes the gameplay smoother. It's a clear first choice for soloing dungeons, living world quests, and other game modes than PvE.
Use Marauder equipment if for some reason you think you need a larger health pool.
- Please don't remove because they help fueling. For a cheaper version, use.
- is the most debatable choice. It has a good synergy withif you're using it for a celestial touch that brings more versatility. However, drop it forfor maximum damage. You can also use, or really any favorite of yours.
- is expensive and doesn't really have a cheaper version. You can replace it with damage sigils such asor, or any personal favorite. However,is just perfect in this build, as the point of switching to the dagger/warhorn weapons set is to renew the boon buff.
Use the rune with the best boon duration bonus you can find.
- +25% boon duration.
- +25% boon duration.
- +15% boon duration.
* Please note that a dip into Healing Power with
The opening boon combo involves six skills (four of which have no cast time), and triggers several traits.
- Use , then, thenandduring's casting time.
- All boons you receive are also transfered to your pet thanks to , in addition to all the boons it'll receive in the process for being a nearby ally.
- Then use to transfer each other's boons, doubling effects. Finish the combo with, that will trigger, transfering all your pet boons to you.
- You'll have Regeneration protection Swiftness Fury Retaliation Quickness Stability and Might. Note that Stability and Might will come as a maximum stack of 25.
- Maintain boons in a loop with . Remember the five seconds recharge for this effect ; try to time your Quickness sources accordingly, but don't let that stop you from spamming it either if needed.
- Nearby allies will also be strongly buffed in the process, but not as much as you will, and not for as long.
- Play the combo on recharge, simply with ,,and. Then playon recharge. Playon recharge unless the fight is ending soon. If so, save it for the next fight.
- If you are using , play it when the 25 stack of Stability expires.
- Get ready for combat either with the Regular Boon Buff Opening or The Invisible Charge.
Regular Boon Buff Opening
The chain explained in the Boon System paragraph above.
The Invisible Charge
Use combos in a smoke field to change your Regular Boon Buff Opening into... The Invisible Charge. Best used at a distance to target of 800 to 1700.
- Once you have played one the two opening chains, strike with one of the following attack chains :
The Bear Impact
Greatsword. Packed high damage and control. Lethal in WvW and PvP.
Longbow. Combo with extreme area of effect DPS and a maximum range of 1200.
The Duelist's Special
Longbow. Fast and very heavy ranged pressure with well-placed control.
The natural damage chain of the dagger/warhorn weapon set.
The Long Run
Greatsword. To DPS a target with high hp, typically a boss.
- After the attack chain, use basic strikes and with your greatsword, or basic strkes andwith your longbow, untilis recharged, then switch to the dagger/warhorn set, and repeat.
- Other chains.
Quick Movement Chain
Optimal Movement Chain
For when you really need to go as fast as you can and can't access a mount.