Soulbeast - Boon Berserker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Soulbeast build for running around in open world. This build revolves around self-buffing with Moa Stance to get large damage and survivability buffs from Quickness and Protection.
- You'll be spending most of your time merged with the Ferocious pet of your choice. Here are some options:
- Juvenile Smokescale - provides crowd control with 24px Takedown and an evade with 24px Smoke Assault. Can also be used to stack stealth with the smoke field from Smoke Cloud.
- Juvenile Rock Gazelle - more damage than Smokescale with 24px Kick.
- Juvenile Arctodus - defensive option with 24px Defy Pain.
- For your secondary pet you can bring a Supportive or Stout pet for extra survivability with skills like 24px Spiritual Reprieve or 24px Unflinching Fortitude:
- When unable to mount, you can also merge with a bird like Juvenile Eagle to use 24px Swoop and Quickening Screech to go faster.
- Use a Longbow if you need to range something.
- Elite Skills
- One Wolf Pack - for more burst damage, or if other players are providing you with might.
Wilderness Survival Variant
- Use Wilderness Survival instead of Beastmastery if you really need help surviving. This is a significant DPS loss.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Soulbeast - Power DPS and Druid - Boon Support Healer builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- You can also use Minor Sigil of Agility for a much cheaper option that provides the same amount of quickness.
- For an even tankier option you can run full Marauder stats. You lose about 15% damage but your health is increased by over 50%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- This build is built around maintaining as many boons on yourself as possible. The key skill is Moa Stance, which makes your boon-generating skills much more effective. Once in Moa Stance you can do any combination of the following:
- Once you have stacked Might, Fury, Protection, Regeneration, and Quickness to your heart's desire, you can share those boons to your pet with "We Heal As One!" and then grant them back to yourself by entering 24px Beastmode. This provides you with an absurd amount of damage and survivability for the next ~20 seconds.
- In long fights, just keep refreshing your boons on cooldown.
- Your boon sharing will also benefit nearby allies (although they won't get Quickness).
- Your main damaging skills are 24px Worldly Impact, 24px Maul, 24px Double Arc, and Hunter's Call.
- Hilt Bash can be used to reset Maul.
- Remember to maintain Quickness by using 24px Instinctive Engage or Quickening Zephyr.
- If all your main damage skills are on cooldown, just swap between your weapons autoattacking and using the above skills whenever available.
- You have a lot of Protection and Regeneration with this build which can help you survive enemy aggro.
- 24px Smoke Assault can be used to evade attacks.
- Note that this skill is not instant cast like a normal dodge and will only queue after your current animation. To instantly evade something, stow your weapon and then press the skill.
- Counterattack blocks attacks. The retaliatory attack doesn't trigger if you are jumping or out of range, allowing you to block multiple attacks with one Counterattack.
- The third hit of your greatsword autoattack is an evade, but this can be difficult to time properly.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- If you're dying a lot consider traiting 24px Eternal Bond or running the Wilderness Survival traitline.