Soulbeast - Condi Trapper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Soulbeast build for running around in open world. This build is very durable and deals high AoE condition damage.
- You'll be spending most of your time merged with the Deadly pet of your choice. Here are some options:
- Juvenile Warthog - provides condition damage with 24px Maul and crowd control with 24px Brutal Charge.
- Juvenile Lynx - more damage than Warthog when crowd control isn't needed.
- Juvenile Bristleback - ranged damage with 24px Rain of Spikes.
- Juvenile Carrion Devourer - provides crowd control with 24px Tail Lash and an evade with 24px Devourer Retreat.
- Juvenile Murellow - defensive option with 24px Defy Pain.
- Your second pet doesn't really matter, feel free to equip your favorite pet for Fashion Wars. If you're having trouble surviving you can bring a Supportive or Stout pet for extra survivability with skills like 24px Spiritual Reprieve or 24px Unflinching Fortitude:
- When unable to mount, you can also merge with a bird like Juvenile Hawk to use 24px Swoop and Quickening Screech to go faster.
- Main hand Axe provides better cleave damage than dagger but is less effective against single targets.
- For a simpler rotation, you can go without dagger/torch and just camp in shortbow. You lose some AoE potential from Bonfire but don't ever have to weapon swap.
- Utility Skills
- Dolyak Stance - if you're getting stunned a lot.
- Sun Spirit - alternative damage option, useful if there are allies around.
- Elite Skills
- Entangle - high damage and soft crowd control.
- Sharpened Edges - more DPS when fighting single targets.
- This build uses similar gear to the Soulbeast - Condi DPS build for fractals and raids. The main difference is , which you can use if you have a spare torch or you don't care about fractals and raids.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- If running only shortbow, replace with.
- You can run Carrion stats as a cheaper alternative while you're working your way up to Viper, or if you prefer having more health. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by 60%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Your most damaging skills are Bonfire, Throw Torch, Poison Volley, and Crippling Shot. Use these skills whenever available.
- Flanking enemies is important with this build, as your shortbow skills deal significantly more damage when hitting from the back or the side. Dodge through enemies before unloading your condition burst.
- Use your traps and stances off cooldown.
- If crowd control isn't important, you can use Concussion Shot for a damage increase.
- Use the endurance regeneration from Natural Vigor to dodge incoming attacks.
- You have a good amount of passive healing from 24px Rugged Growth and 24px Predator's Cunning.