Soulbeast - Power Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Soulbeast build for running around in open world. This build deals high burst damage and has access to a lot of crowd control.
- You'll be spending most of your time merged with the Ferocious pet of your choice. Here are some options:
- Your second pet doesn't really matter, feel free to equip your favorite pet for Fashion Wars. If you're having trouble surviving you can bring a Supportive or Stout pet for extra survivability with skills like or :
- When unable to mount, you can also merge with a bird like Juvenile Eagle to use and to go faster.
- Longbow can be taken over Axe/Axe for burst damage from range with
- Warhorn' off-hand is quite a strong replacement for off-hand Axe. It provides substantial personal and party buffs.
- Healing Skills
- - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- - provides quickness (for faster burst), superspeed, and a stunbreak.
- - provides vigor, an extra evade, and a stunbreak.
- Elite Skills
- - powerful AOE soft crowd control.
- - if running longbow.
- - if you're having trouble staying alive.
- - for more sustain if running dagger.
- This build uses similar gear to the Soulbeast - Power DPS build for fractals and raids.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- For a tankier option you can run the Marauder Variant. You will lose some damage but gain a moderate boost to health. This variant is recommended for most Open World players.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This build's damage comes from critically hitting with burst damage while buffed by . Your main burst damage skills are and .
- can be used to reset and extend your burst damage combo.
- Use to buff your burst damage even further.
- After your initial strike you should use , and , which are multi-hit (and so less effective with ) but still deal very high damage.
- If all your main damage skills are on cooldown, just swap between your weapons autoattacking and using the above skills whenever available.
- Use for might and fury.
Use this to insta-kill most mobs, even in groups.
- > > Can't find such skill ""Worldly Impact"! Please refer to our skill index. >
- , , and can be used to evade attacks.
- Note that these are not instant cast like a normal dodge and will only queue after your current animation. To instantly evade something with these skills, stow your weapon and then press the skill.
- blocks attacks. The retaliatory attack doesn't trigger if you are jumping or out of range, allowing you to block multiple attacks with one .
- The third hit of your greatsword autoattack is an evade, but this can be difficult to time properly.
- provides protection.
- lets you temporarily ignore projectiles while doing your damage.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- (traited with )
- (as a last resort)