Soulbeast - Power Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Soulbeast build for running around in open world. This build deals high burst damage and has access to a lot of crowd control.
- You'll be spending most of your time merged with the Ferocious pet of your choice. Here are some options:
- Your second pet doesn't really matter, feel free to equip your favorite pet for Fashion Wars. If you're having trouble surviving you can bring a Supportive or Stout pet for extra survivability with skills like 24px Spiritual Reprieve or 24px Unflinching Fortitude:
- When unable to mount, you can also merge with a bird like Juvenile Eagle to use 24px Swoop and Quickening Screech to go faster.
- Longbow can be taken over Sword/Axe for burst damage from range with Rapid Fire, however its damage falls off after the initial burst.
- Dagger can take over Sword for extra quickness via 24px Instinctive Engage and synergizes well with 24px Predator's Cunning for more sustain.
- Healing Skills
- Bear Stance - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- Quickening Zephyr - provides quickness (for faster burst), superspeed, and a stunbreak.
- Lightning Reflexes - provides vigor, an extra evade, and a stunbreak.
- Elite Skills
- Entangle - powerful AOE soft crowd control.
- Lead the Wind - if running longbow.
- 24px Eternal Bond - if you're having trouble staying alive.
- 24px Predator's Cunning - for more sustain if running dagger.
- This build uses similar gear to the Soulbeast - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. The only difference is that you should use full Berserker's and a for optimal results. If you don't want to get two greatswords, you can just use your fractal/raid gear.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder stats. You lose about 15% damage but your health is increased by over 50%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- This build's damage comes from critically hitting with burst damage while buffed by Opening Strike. Your main burst damage skills are 24px Worldly Impact and 24px Maul.
- After your initial strike you should use Path of Scars, and Whirling Defense, which are multi-hit (and so less effective with Opening Strike) but still deal very high damage.
- If all your main damage skills are on cooldown, just swap between your weapons autoattacking and using the above skills whenever available.
- Use "Strength of the Pack!" for might and fury.
- 24px Smoke Assault, Hornet Sting, and Serpent's Strike can be used to evade attacks.
- Note that these are not instant cast like a normal dodge and will only queue after your current animation. To instantly evade something with these skills, stow your weapon and then press the skill.
- Counterattack blocks attacks. The retaliatory attack doesn't trigger if you are jumping or out of range, allowing you to block multiple attacks with one Counterattack.
- The third hit of your greatsword autoattack is an evade, but this can be difficult to time properly.
- "Protect Me!" provides protection.
- Whirling Defense lets you temporarily ignore projectiles while doing your damage.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.