Spellbreaker - Daggerbreaker Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high mobility Spellbreaker roaming build which balances defense and offense.
- can replace a resistance skill when conditions are not an issue.
- - offensive alternative if you can't afford Durability runes or want to squeeze out more damage.
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skillsand. Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Resistance / Stability / Protection, and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- reduces the CD of weapon swapping to 5 seconds, which keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime. As a result you won't be auto attacking much unless you're cleaving a downed enemy.
- CCing a target removes a boon and deals damage/grants adrenaline via .
- reflects projectiles and grants Might whenever you block an attack. To exploit that, try to get hit by as many blockable things as possible over its duration.
- Set up with eitheroron the Dagger/Shield set. If Hundred Blades wouldn't be worth it (the target breaks stun early) useinstead.
- All movement skills remove the Immobilized condition - list of movement skills in the build:
- Greatsword: and. These two skills also provide excellent mobility both in and out of combat.
- Dagger/Shield: ,, and the burst skill. The Dagger skills are also excellent gap closers.
- Avoid letting your conditions stack up too high. Swapping weapons with frequently will help cleansing conditions.
- Instead you have various sources of resistance should the amount of conditions overwhelm you.
- The timing of is pivotal. Ensuring that conditions are already applied and adrenaline needed is when it is most effective.
- Hold on to as long as possible to profit from its passive regeneration, but don't hesitate to use it for the Resistance when you're under heavy condition pressure.
- Superspeed from can be used either to disengage or to chase down targets trying to escape. Keep in mind that the 50% speed bonus only really works when you're in combat, as movement speed boosts are capped at 33% while not in combat, same as Swiftness.