Spellbreaker - Daggerbreaker Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high mobility Spellbreaker roaming build which balances defense and offense.
- can replace a resistance skill when conditions are not an issue.
- - offensive alternative if you can't afford Durability runes or want to squeeze out more damage.
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skills and . Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Resistance / Stability / Protection, and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- reduces the CD of weapon swapping to 5 seconds, which keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime. As a result you won't be auto attacking much unless you're cleaving a downed enemy.
- CCing a target removes a boon and deals damage/grants adrenaline via .
- reflects projectiles and grants Might whenever you block an attack. To exploit that, try to get hit by as many blockable things as possible over its duration.
- Set up with either or on the Dagger/Shield set. If Hundred Blades wouldn't be worth it (the target breaks stun early) use instead.
- All movement skills remove the Immobilized condition - list of movement skills in the build:
- Greatsword: and . These two skills also provide excellent mobility both in and out of combat.
- Dagger/Shield: , , and the burst skill . The Dagger skills are also excellent gap closers.
- Avoid letting your conditions stack up too high. Swapping weapons with frequently will help cleansing conditions.
- Instead you have various sources of resistance should the amount of conditions overwhelm you.
- The timing of is pivotal. Ensuring that conditions are already applied and adrenaline needed is when it is most effective.
- Hold on to as long as possible to profit from its passive regeneration, but don't hesitate to use it for the Resistance when you're under heavy condition pressure.
- Superspeed from can be used either to disengage or to chase down targets trying to escape. Keep in mind that the 50% speed bonus only really works when you're in combat, as movement speed boosts are capped at 33% while not in combat, same as Swiftness.