Spellbreaker - GS/Dagger
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A duelist Spellbreaker build for PvP with great mobility, CC, boon removal, and damage.
Berserker Stance can be replaced by:
- - a rather loaded skill which has defense (evasion), mobility, and pressure (both damage and CC).
- - if you need direct damage mitigation more than condition cleansing.
- is also an option. By sacrificing Might stacking (among other things) for better condition management, you'll be able to dropfor.
- - defensive option with general boon duration.
- - to squeeze more damage out of.
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skillsand. Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Resistance (if traited) / Stability / Protection, and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- Both burst skills and Full Counter cost adrenaline. If you only need a little more till you can use them then can get you there.
- Settings: disable auto targeting, otherwise it'd be impossible to use skills like for disengaging.
- reduces the CD of weapon swapping to 5 seconds, which keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime. As a result you won't be auto attacking much unless you're cleaving a downed enemy.
- The build is low on condition cleansing but makes up for it with Resistance, blocking, and evasion. The only true condition cleansing comes from .
- CCing a target removes a boon and deals damage/grants adrenaline via .
- Hold on to as long as possible, but don't hesitate to use it for the Resistance when you're under heavy condition pressure. Boon removal however is rather dangerous as it gets rid of the Resistance which means you sacrificed your heal for nothing, so against specs like Scourges it's advised to disengage or use some blocks to make sure that it stays on and you get to live.
- Set up with eitheroron the Dagger/Shield set.instead.
- reflects projectiles and grants Might whenever you block an attack. To exploit that, try to get hit by as many blockable things as possible over its duration.
- All movement skills remove the Immobilized condition - list of movement skills in the build:
- Greatsword: and. These two skills also provide excellent mobility both in and out of combat.
- Dagger/Shield: ,, and the burst skill. The Dagger skills are also excellent gap closers.
- Rampage: ,, and.
These are your main defensive skills.
- Most utility skills on your bar break stun, which can proc , making them useful beyond just their main functions. Keep in mind that this trait doesn't stack in duration, so try not to blow all of your utilities in a matter of seconds (that'd be a bad idea anyways).
- is going to be your emergency tool vs conditions. Against specs with boon removal you should consider disengaging a bit to ensure that it stays on you - Superspeed insreases your movement speed by 50% which makes it excellent for that in general. Alternatively, you can use the superspeed to chase down targets, or in fights where condition damage isn't expected to be a problem (like mirror matches) Featherfoot can still be used to fuel.
- If taken is what you use when direct damage burst is about to hit you. A copy of this skill will occasionally proc from.
- is a double stun breaker with mass cleansing. It's also AoE, so try to help out your teammates if they need it.
- is what you use when you want to burst a target, or desperately need mobility to either chase down someone, or run away from a fight.
- doesn't heal whileis active. Therefore you should consider using HS for the Resistance before entering Rampage, which can be quite beneficial as most Rampage skills have long cast times and effects such as Blind can easily shut it down.also works and the superspeed's quite handy as well.
- Example of a Rampage burst rotation: ⇒⇒⇒⇒