Spellbreaker - Strength Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Strength Greatsword Spellbreaker is a relatively powerful build for roaming in open world.
- Rifle is your best ranged option.
- Dagger Offhand pairs well with for extreme sustain.
- Mace Mainhand and Mace Offhand provide excellent CC.
- Avoid Longbow.
- Healing Skills
- - if you aren't taking much damage.
- - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- - better than if you're going to be fighting in the same spot for a while.
- - more dodges.
- - Good CC and stability
- - alternative to if you don't need a stun break.
- - alternative to if you're taking a lot of damage.
- - alternative to if conditions are a problem.
- - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- - longer duration of boons than but also a longer cooldown.
- - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- - if there are boons to remove or projectiles to destroy.
- - Combined with Dagger Offhand this trait provides extreme sustain.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Berserker's gear offers slightly higher DPS but much lower defense.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage. Do not run this when solo farming.
- / / strong defensive options.
- higher burst but lower DPS
- If running Dagger Offhand, use a .
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- is a good budget option.
- orfor your utility.
- Greatsword is your main weapon. Just and burst as often as possible, filling with autoattack chains as needed.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Remember that roots you in place, don't use it if you need to move or dodge soon.
- deals good damage if you need to move or you can whirl into a wall.
- is worth using over autoattacking (as long as the projectile isn't eaten by a wall).
- is worth using as a gap closer.
- Activate and off cooldown for boons.
- If running the dual axe variant, you should constantly swap between Axe/Axe and Greatsword to use their damaging skills. While on Axe/Axe, you should prioritize > > .
- is a really powerful defensive skill, try to use it instead of dodging whenever possible.
- Note that reduces the damage of attacks to 0 rather than actually blocking them. This is relevant if you’re trying not to get hit by an attack (e.g. for specific achievements).
- You can swap to Mace/Shield to block attacks and stun enemies.
- can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- You can slot , , or for more damage mitigation.
- You can use to destroy projectiles.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of (except when baiting ).
- You get quite a lot of sustained healing from .
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using . For more condition-heavy fights you can run .