Spellbreaker - Strength Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A variant of Warrior - Strength Greatsword for players with the Path of Fire expansion. This variant sacrifices some sustain, but gains access to higher damage, boon removal, and 24px Full Counter.
- If you don't need Shield Stance, offhand Mace can be used instead of Shield for more damage.
- If you don't need the crowd control or defensive skills from Mace/Shield, you can use main hand or offhand Axes in your second weapon slot.
- Use a Rifle if you need to range something.
- Healing Skills
- Healing Signet - if you aren't taking much damage.
- "To the Limit!" - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- Signet of Fury - if you have the Optimal gear set with Strength runes and don't need the might and fury from "For Great Justice!"
- Banner of Discipline - better than Signet of Fury if you're going to be fighting in the same spot for a while.
- Signet of Stamina - more dodges.
- Bull's Charge - alternative to Stomp if you don't need a stun break.
- Dolyak Signet - alternative to Stomp if you're taking a lot of damage.
- "Shake It Off!" - alternative to Stomp if conditions are a problem.
- Endure Pain - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- Battle Standard - longer duration of boons than Signet of Rage but also a longer cooldown.
- Rampage - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- Winds of Disenchantment - if there are boons to remove or projectiles to destroy.
- Berserker's Power - if you don't need healing you can take this for a large damage increase.
- Inspiring Battle Standard - if running Banner of Discipline.
- Crack Shot - if running rifle.
- Merciless Hammer - if running axe.
- 24px Loss Aversion - if there are boons to remove.
- If there are nearby players, you can run Tactics instead of Discipline to grant them a lot of increased damage with Empower Allies and Phalanx Strength. If you do this, it's also worth running Banner of Strength and Banner of Discipline.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Warrior - Power Bannerslave and Spellbreaker - Power DPS builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- If running Axes, you should use axes with the same stats and sigils as your greatsword.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- This build has 100% crit chance with fury and Banner of Discipline with Inspiring Battle Standard traited. If you have different precision from food, skills, or traits, adjust your gear accordingly.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by 6000 (25k up from 19k).
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Greatsword is your main weapon. Just Hundred Blades and burst as often as possible, filling with autoattack chains as needed.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Remember that Hundred Blades roots you in place, don't use it if you need to move or dodge soon.
- Whirlwind Attack deals good damage if you need to move or you can whirl into a wall.
- Bladetrail is worth using over autoattacking (as long as the projectile isn't eaten by a wall).
- Rush is worth using as a gap closer.
- Activate Signet of Rage and "For Great Justice!" off cooldown for boons.
- When possible, use Kick or Stomp before your burst damage to get the bonuses from Peak Performance and 24px Attacker's Insight.
- Try to Kick enemies into walls so they stay in place and you don't have to chase them around.
- If running the dual axe variant, you should constantly swap between Axe/Axe and Greatsword to use their damaging skills. While on Axe/Axe, you should prioritize Dual Strike > Cyclone Axe > Whirling Axe.
- 24px Full Counter is a really powerful defensive skill, try to use it instead of dodging whenever possible.
- You can swap to Mace/Shield to block attacks and stun enemies.
- Whirlwind Attack can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- You can slot Dolyak Signet, Signet of Stamina, or Endure Pain for more damage mitigation.
- You can use Winds of Disenchantment to destroy projectiles.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of (except when baiting 24px Full Counter).
- You get quite a lot of sustained healing from 24px Might Makes Right.
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using Mending. For more condition-heavy fights you can run Cleansing Ire.