Spellbreaker - Strength Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 ARCHIVED BUILD
- 2 Overview
- 3 Skill Bar
- 4 Specializations
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Consumables
- 7 Usage
This build has been archived. Reason: Moved to https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Strength_Fighter
A solid open world roaming build that has high sustain and damage.
- Extremely high mobility
- Great sustain
- Decent DPS
- allows for a very high skill ceiling
- Easy to start playing
- Hard to master
- DPS could be better
- Low condi clear without sacrificing DPS
- Animations can be clunky / slow depending on race
- Rifle is your best ranged option.
- Mace Mainhand and Mace Offhand provide excellent CC.
- Avoid Longbow.
- Healing Skills
- - if you aren't taking much damage.
- - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- - helps vs conditions
- Utility Skills
- If isn't needed, you can choose one of these:
- - more dodges.
- / Can't find such skill "Kick"! Please refer to our skill index. - Good CC and stability
- - alternative to if you don't need a stun break.
- - alternative to if you're taking a lot of damage.
- - alternative to if conditions are a problem.
- - great damage option
- - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- - longer duration of boons than but also a longer cooldown.
- - if there are boons to remove or projectiles to destroy.
- - grants significant protection uptime
- - if not running Daggers
- - if the sustain from Might Makes Right isn't needed.
When extreme sustain is not needed, running Discipline can smooth out the playstyle and provide a different kind of flow to the build. Run this over Tactics.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
An experimental variant which has very high sustain at the cost of damage. This variant has not been extensively tested.
Don't be afraid to mix and match pieces to better fit your playstyle.
- Berserker's , Assassin's - more DPS, much lower defense
- Knight's - less DPS, higher defense; Knight Trinkets + Berserker armor and weapons is a common substitute for Marauder
- Diviner , Commander's - Like Berserker and Knights, but with Boon Duration for permanent Fury uptime; change out for or if you run this
You generally want to keep your , so only replace your secondary sigils.
- - higher DPS, less sustain
- - Useful if not running , also synergizes well with
- Other sigils can work, don't be afraid to experiment.
- / - Powerful defensive runes which can be useful for soloing harder content.
- - higher burst, lower DPS
- - cheap defensive option
- There are plenty of viable options for runes. In general, your runes should either grant you more damage or more defense; avoid runes with Condition Damage or Condition Duration.
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
- On Greatsword, try to use when you know you are not going to be interrupted.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Remember that roots you in place, don't use it if you need to move or dodge soon.
- deals good damage if you need to move or you can whirl into a wall.
- is worth using over autoattacking (as long as the projectile isn't eaten by a wall).
- is worth using as a gap closer.
- Activate and off cooldown for boons.
- If running the dual axe variant, you should constantly swap between Axe/Axe and Greatsword to use their damaging skills. While on Axe/Axe, you should prioritize > > .
- is a really powerful defensive skill, try to use it instead of dodging whenever possible.
- Note that reduces the damage of attacks to 0 rather than actually blocking them. This is relevant if you’re trying not to get hit by an attack (e.g. for specific achievements).
- You can swap to Mace/Shield to block attacks and stun enemies.
- can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- You can slot , , or for more damage mitigation.
- You can use to destroy projectiles.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of (except when baiting ).
- Granting yourself Might will increase your sustain, so skills like or are very large heals.
- Shouts also grant you healing thanks to Tactics.
- Camp Daggers for extremely high sustain.