Spellbreaker - Tetherbreaker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Spellbreaker sPvP build which sacrifices some of the usual sustain for higher burst and better mobility. Its primary role is to be a duelist, but occasionally joining larger fights as you see fit is also on the table.
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skillsand. Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Stability / Protection, and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- Both burst skills and Full Counter cost adrenaline. If you only need a little more till you can use them then or a damaging dodge can get you there.
- Settings: disable auto targeting, otherwise it'd be impossible to use skills like for disengaging.
- Playstyle: the plan is to proc (MT) as often as possible (this is important for both damage and sustain), keep melee contact to the minimum (use your mobility and evasion), and move in only when A) you can outdamage the target and B) when at least some of your defensives likeare available.
- Any burst skill can proc , including.
- is a rather weak skill that won't see much use bar the very first hit - landing that is enough to proc both MT and the Immobilize. After that you're usually better off cancelling the skill with a weapon stow, and following up with something that hits harder.
- The goal is to maintain the tether as long as possible for the damage boost and synergy. If you do need to interrupt someone with it, jumping away withshould do the trick.
- Any burst skill can proc
- adds a defensive element to Might stacking, as each stack is going to heal you and grant endurance.
- Sustain (especially passive) is rather low, you'll be relying on avoiding damage altogether using blocking, evasion, and mobility skills.
- reduces the CD of weapon swapping to 5 seconds, which keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime. As a result you won't be auto attacking much unless you're cleaving a downed enemy and everything is on CD.
- causes your dodges to deal considerable amount of damage. Besides its obvious use of dealing damage whilst evading attacks, it's also good for clearing Blind by dodging into your enemy before following up with another attack.
- Your primary damaging skills are ,, and.
- The rest is a bit more situational. gets better the lower the target's health is, andcan be difficult to land unless the target is stunned or downed.
- The rest is a bit more situational.
- procsif it hits, creating a burst window for you to use.
Conditon cleansing & general survival
- andwill be used to manage condition levels before resorting to mass cleanses.
- (SIO) is the only stun break in the build, and one that comes with AoE condition removal. This skill has 2 charges: if you're under heavy condition pressure and the aforementioned 2 traits aren't enough, you're free to use one of the charges.
- After using the first SIO charge, you'll have to decide what your next cleanse is going to be - whatever you choose, something's going to be sacrificed:
- If you blow you'll lose a considerable boost to endurance regen, but will end up with no conditions left, and half a dodge roll's worth of extra endurance.
- If you blow the 2nd charge of SIO, you'll be left without a stun break, and potentially with a few lingering conditions.
- Most of the time it's recommended that you exhaust both of the options mentioned above before resorting to the 3rd one: the Resistance of .
- If you blow
- Kite, a LOT. You want to run out of harm's way using mobility skills as much as possible before resorting to major defensive CDs.
- is great if you want to run away from pressure as it can build quite the gap while providing an evade frame.
- is what you use when you quickly want to burst/CC a target, or desperately need mobility to either chase down someone, or run away from a fight. Bonus points if you manage to attachjust before using your elite.
- doesn't heal whileis active. Therefore you should consider using HS for the Resistance before entering Rampage, which can be quite beneficial as most Rampage skills have long cast times and effects such as Blind can easily shut it down.
- Example of a Rampage burst rotation: ⇒⇒⇒⇒
- High Condition pressure
- Burst damage
- Twitch: Tramadex