Tempest - Burning Auramancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Tempest build for running around in open world. This build is difficult to kill and deals high AoE damage with Burning. In addition, it provides lots of buffs and damage reduction to itself and nearby allies through its auras.
- You can use Warhorn for more group support and AoE control.
- You can use Scepter for slightly more support through blast finishers, and ranged damage, at the cost of significantly lower DPS.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony - burst heal.
- Ether Renewal - if conditions are a problem.
- Arcane Brilliance - blast finisher.
- "Flash-Freeze!" or "Aftershock!" - more defense and support for nearby allies.
- Glyph of Storms - AoE burst damage from Firestorm or pulsing blind with Sandstorm.
- Arcane Shield - breaks stun and blocks attacks.
- Lightning Flash - for mobility.
- Conjure Fiery Greatsword - high AoE damage on a long cooldown.
- Blinding Ashes - more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Written in Stone - if you don't need condition cleanse.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Weaver - Condi DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- You can also run some or all Sinister stats for similar results.
- For more sustained damage but less burst damage, you can run Viper stats with .
- You can use Carrion stats as a cheaper alternative to Viper or Grieving stats, or if you prefer having more health. You lose some burst damage but in exchange your health is almost doubled.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- This build is very easy to do damage with. Just camp in Fire Attunement, press all your buttons, and Overload Fire whenever possible.
- Activate Signet of Fire off cooldown for damage. If running Written in Stone, you can activate it and still get the passive damage bonus.
- Glyph of Elementals and Glyph of Lesser Elementals create high-damage elementals when used in Fire Attunement. Press Flame Burst and Flame Barrage off cooldown for more damage.
- You can use blast finishers in fire fields to provide Might to yourself and nearby players, which buffs their damage by a fair amount.
- If you're forced to swap out of Fire Attunement to use defensive skills, finish on Earth Attunement so that you can still deal condition damage with Impale and Ring of Earth while waiting to swap back to fire.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- This build has a ton of protection from auras. You get an aura whenever you use Overload Fire, Fire Shield, or "Feel the Burn!". Use this to your advantage to soak up incoming damage.
- Swirling Winds destroys projectiles, while Magnetic Wave reflects them.
- Obsidian Flesh provides a few seconds of total invulnerability.
- Glyph of Elementals and Glyph of Lesser Elementals, used in Earth Attunement, create tanky elementals that can help take pressure off you.
- Always be spamming skills to maximize the healing from Signet of Restoration. If running Written in Stone, you can activate it and still get the passive healing.
- Your main source of condition cleanse is Diamond Skin. You can also swap to Earth for Magnetic Wave.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Water Attunement, creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- If you need healing really badly, you can run away and Overload Water.