Tempest - Celestial Auramancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build is a versatile teamfighter that provides an excellent mix of support through auras, boons, healing, condition cleansing, with a bit of CC and AoE pressure.
can be replaced by:
- Shout. Call upon the earth to cripple and immobilize foes in the area around you. Allies in the initial blast gain magnetic aura.
- Dagger/Focus is also a viable option and provides slightly more access to auras.
- - you gain some extra stability, but lose a bit of CD reduction and resistance to soft CC.
- If you're using Dagger/Focus take and .
- Superior Rune of the Monk(1): +25 Healing Power (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Healing Power (4): +10% Boon Duration (5): +100 Healing Power (6): +10% outgoing heal effectiveness to allies, +1% outgoing heal effectiveness for 3 seconds whenever granting a boon to an ally (max 10)
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
As a Tempest you provide on point damage and support using your overloads and shouts. In general you should try to be in teamfights as much as you can where your AoEs and heals will be most effective, although this build can hold its ground in 1v1s too.
General Whenever you apply an aura you also receive Protection due to which makes your auras an even stronger tool of defense. You also get a heal from . Auras are:
- Envelop yourself with electrical energy that stuns nearby foes if they attack you. Each attaker can be affected by this only once every 2 seconds.Overload. Use your air magic to summon a nimbus that repeatedly strikes nearby allies, then create a lingering static region that strikes enemies at the same interval. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.
- Overload. Create a surge of accumulated water magic, healing and cleansing allies. When the cast ends, heal the area and apply regeneration. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.Shout. Unleash a torrent of ice on enemy locations, chilling those who cannot escape. Grant frost aura to allies in range.
- Envelop yourself in a fiery shield that burns foes and grants might every time you are struck (cooldown of 1 second per attacker).Overload. Unleash all flames you've accumulated, searing enemies and strengthening allies. Finishing the cast leaves a tornado behind. Using this skill causes the attunement to have longer recharge.
- Overload. Ride your stored earth magic around, granting protection to other allies you move over and crippling enemies, then deliver a final blast of power to the area. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.3Initial Stability(3s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.Shout. Call upon the earth to cripple and immobilize foes in the area around you. Allies in the initial blast gain magnetic aura.
- Shout. Shout and infuse your allies with arcane energy. Allies who would take lethal damage while this is active ignore the deathblow and are healed instead. If the effect expires naturally, grant an aura based on your current attunement.Fire Shield (5s): Enveloped in a fiery shield that burns foes, grants might each time you are struck (1 second cooldown per attacker).Shocking Aura (5s): Stun nearby attacking foes with an electric shock (only once per 2 seconds for each attacker).
- Using your auras for sustain is critical to your success as a Tempest. Each shout will apply an aura to you and nearby allies and damage enemies and provide you and your allies a decent heal.
- Focus off hand only: You will want to use
- In general, decide when to overload carefully. Overload Air is your go-to offensive skill, use this whenever you’re not being heavily pressured to leave a devastating AoE on the point. When running Fresh Air you can use it even more frequently by getting a critical hit after leaving air after and overload to refresh its cooldown instantly. Overload Fire provides burning, a fire field, and decent mightstacking to your team, Overload Water provides a lot of healing and regeneration, and Overload Earth provides lots of protection to allies, has more stability on channel, and applies bleeds to enemies. When you overload, watch your positioning carefully to make sure you’re doing damage to an enemy or healing an ally but use the radius of the overload to stay out of direct AoEs and cleave to ensure your overloads don’t get interrupted. Do not overload if you’re being focused in a teamfight, although Overload Water can sometimes save you if you time it right and don’t get interrupted.
- High Chill uptime, as chill affects Attunement and Overload cooldowns and Overload charge-up times.
- Heavy condition pressure in teamfights once diamond skin is broken
- Twitch: Phantaram - NA