Tempest - Dagger/x Fresh Air
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Tempest build for running around in open world. This build is highly mobile, difficult to kill, and capable of high AoE damage with Overload Air.
- For a core Elementalist version of this build see Elementalist - Dagger/x Fresh Air.
- For a ranged variant that uses Scepter see Tempest - Scepter/x Fresh Air.
- For a tankier aura-focused variant see Tempest - Fresh Air Auramancer.
- Offhand dagger is used for mobility. You can run Warhorn for more AoE damage and control, or Focus for defensive skills such as Swirling Winds and Obsidian Flesh.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- Utility Skills
- Arcane Blast or Arcane Wave - more damage.
- Conjure Frost Bow - heavy defiance bar damage via Deep Freeze.
- Lightning Flash - for mobility.
- Elite Skills
- Conjure Fiery Greatsword - for mobility.
- Latent Stamina - more dodges at the cost of your passive stun break.
- Imbued Melodies - if running warhorn.
- Run Fire instead of Arcane for ~10% higher damage but less sustain from Evasive Arcana.
- 24px Smothering Auras - if you need condition cleanse.
- Blinding Ashes - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Weaver - Power DPS Fresh Air Sword build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by almost 60%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- This build relies on the interaction between Overload Air and Fresh Air. After using Overload Air, you can swap to another attunement and reset the cooldown on Air Attunement with any critical hit. This lets you spam Electric Discharge and Overload Air to powerful effect.
- The attunement you swap to after Overload Air depends on the situation:
- Fire Attunement has powerful burst damage skills in Burning Speed and Fire Grab.
- Water Attunement grants Frost Aura and Cleansing Wave for sustain.
- Earth Attunement grants Magnetic Leap for mobility and Earthquake for crowd control.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to Air Attunement and autoattack while waiting for Overload Air to recharge.
- DPS is mostly passive with this build; just make sure you're hitting things with your Overload Air and Lightning Whip.
- Never interrupt Overload Air.
- You can use Lightning Touch to maintain Fury.
- Weave in Burning Speed and Fire Grab when you can for more damage.
- Glyph of Storms in Fire or Air can be used as a high-damage opener.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high Vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- Glyph of Storms continuously blinds enemies for 10 seconds when used in Earth Attunement.
- You can use Earthquake, Updraft, and Shocking Aura ⇒ 24px Transmute Lightning to interrupt enemies.
- In desperate circumstances, Updraft can also be used as a dodge.
- To block something without interrupting Overload Air, you can use Arcane Shield.
- Shocking Aura and Frost Aura have no cast time; use them if you need them.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Earth Attunement, creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- Always be spamming Lightning Whip or other skills to maximize the healing from Signet of Restoration.
- Cleansing Wave is a good source of healing and condition cleanse. If running Arcane, you can dodge in Water Attunement to get a second Cleansing Wave from Evasive Arcana, which only has a 10-second cooldown.
- You can run Ether Renewal or 24px Smothering Auras to better deal with condition pressure.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Water Attunement, creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- If you need healing really badly, you can run away and Overload Water.