Tempest - Dagger/x Fresh Air
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Merged into Fresh Air Tempest
- A Tempest build for open world. This build is highly mobile, difficult to kill, and capable of high AoE damage with . It excels at Solo Content and can perform well in Events. With a Staff it can also be a decent Tagging build.
- For a core Elementalist version of this build see Elementalist - Dagger/x Fresh Air.
- For a ranged variant that uses Scepter see Tempest - Scepter/x Fresh Air.
- For a tankier aura-focused variant see Tempest - Fresh Air Auramancer.
- Offhand dagger is used for mobility. You can run Warhorn for more AoE damage and control, or Focus for defensive skills such as and .
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- - burst heal.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- or - more damage.
- - heavy defiance bar damage via .
- - for mobility.
- Elite Skills
- - for mobility.
- - more dodges at the cost of your passive stun break.
- Run Fire instead of Arcane for ~10% higher damage but less sustain from .
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Weaver - Power DPS Fresh Air Sword build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage. Run if using Vampirism over Strength runes.
- is highly recommended for this build.
- orfor more damage.
- for playing with groups.
- is a good budget option.
- for more dodges.
- for more healing.
- is the best option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- oris your best damage option.
- is a great budget option.
- This build relies on the interaction between and . After using , you can swap to another attunement and reset the cooldown on with any critical hit. This lets you spam and for powerful effect.
- The attunement you swap to after depends on the situation:
- has powerful burst damage skills in and .
- grants and for sustain.
- grants for mobility and for crowd control.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to and autoattack while waiting for to recharge.
- DPS is mostly passive with this build; just make sure you're hitting things with your and .
- Never interrupt .
- You can use to maintain Fury.
- Weave in and when you can for more damage.
- in Fire or Air can be used as a high-damage opener.
- deals more damage, but has a much shorter cooldown allowing you to throw it out liberally.
- If using for damage, chain it after to get the damage buff from .
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high Vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- continuously blinds enemies for 10 seconds when used in .
- You can use , , and ⇒ to interrupt enemies.
- In desperate circumstances, can also be used as a dodge.
- To block something without interrupting , you can use .
- and have no cast time; use them if you need them.
- , used in , creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- Always be spamming or other skills to maximize the healing from .
- is a good source of healing and condition cleanse. If running Arcane, you can dodge in to get a second from , which only has a 10-second cooldown.
- You can run or to better deal with condition pressure.
- , used in , creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- If you need healing really badly, you can run away and .
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)