Tempest - Fresh Air Auramancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Tempest build for running around in open world. This build is highly mobile, difficult to kill, and deals high AoE damage with Overload Air. In addition, it provides lots of buffs and damage reduction to itself and nearby allies through its auras.
- You can use Scepter for ranged damage, but note that this is a significant damage loss.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- Utility Skills
- Signet of Fire - flat damage increase.
- Glyph of Storms - both high AoE damage and a strong defensive skill.
- Arcane Shield - breaks stun and blocks attacks.
- Lightning Flash - for mobility.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Weaver - Power DPS Fresh Air Sword build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by almost 60%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- This build relies on the interaction between Overload Air and Fresh Air. After using Overload Air, you can swap to another attunement and reset the cooldown on Air Attunement with any critical hit. This lets you spam Electric Discharge and Overload Air to powerful effect.
- The attunement you swap to after Overload Air depends on the situation:
- Fire Attunement has high-damage skills in Burning Speed and Wildfire.
- Water Attunement provides healing and Frozen Burst, which you can use to blast the water field from Water Globe for more healing.
- Earth Attunement grants protection and Dust Storm for crowd control.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to Air Attunement and use Lightning Orb and Lightning Whip while waiting for Overload Air to recharge.
- DPS is mostly passive with this build; just make sure you're hitting things with your Overload Air and Lightning Whip.
- Never interrupt Overload Air.
- You can use Lightning Touch to maintain Fury.
- Weave in Lightning Orb, Burning Speed, and Wildfire when you can for more damage.
- "Feel the Burn!" does good damage and should be cast off cooldown.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high Vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- This build has a ton of protection from auras. You get an aura whenever you use Overload Air, Shocking Aura, Sand Squall, or any of your shouts. Use this to your advantage to soak up incoming damage.
- "Flash-Freeze!" provides even more damage mitigation on top of that with
- Dust Storm constantly blinds enemies for 5 seconds.
- You can use Shocking Aura ⇒ 24px Transmute Lightning, Cyclone, Tidal Surge to interrupt enemies.
- Sand Squall and "Aftershock!" give you a projectile-reflecting aura.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Earth Attunement, creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- Water Attunement is the key to sustain with this build. Use Tidal Surge and Water Globe for healing. You can use Frozen Burst to blast the water field from Water Globe for more healing.
- Always be spamming Lightning Whip or other skills to maximize the healing from Signet of Restoration.
- Your main source of condition cleanse comes from Diamond Skin. If you're having a lot of trouble with conditions, you can run Ether Renewal.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Water Attunement, creates an elemental with extremely powerful healing on a short cooldown.
- If you need healing really badly, you can run away and Overload Water.