Tempest - Fresh Air Tempest
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
This is a tempest build focused on very high melee damage through the use of . This build can potentially supply 25 Might to 10+ people.
Fresh Air builds are versatile and can weapon swap to change their entire playstyle instantly. They have a lot of different tools to deal with threats and can handle almost anything the game throws at them.
- Great burst damage
- Highly active playstyle
- Good mobility
- Low sustain/defense
- Difficult to play well
- Strict on gear
- Poor damage at range
- Scepter - High burst, low DPS. Can be used to stack might quickly.
- Dagger - Higher mobility
- Focus - higher defense, less DPS
- Healing Skills
- - small passive sustain
- - burst heal
- - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- - caps vuln or area blind
- - breaks stun and blocks attacks.
- - for mobility.
- - very useful for Scepter to fill spaces between cooldowns
- - projectile hate
- - more dodges at the cost of your passive stun break.
Higher DPS but lower defense. Replaces Arcane.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
Provides high DPS and offers a small amount of sustain; comparable to Arcane.
- / - if you need more condition cleanse
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
Standard Equipment: Scepter
Standard Equipment: Dagger
- Berserker's , Assassin's - higher DPS, much lower defense
- Knight's - often mixed with other gear for some defense; Knight's trinkets with Berserker's or Assassin's armor and weapons is a common replacement for Marauder
- , - higher burst, much lower DPS
- , , - defensive options
- - strongest defensive rune if zerging
- - defensive option
- - for condi cleanse
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , , Can't find such food "Bowl of Meat and Winter Vegetables"! Please refer to our food index. - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
Scepter vs Dagger
While the two weapon sets might seem similar at first, they have a few inherent differences.
- Scepter has several blast finishers and a harder rotation. It can easily provide 25 might for 10+ people while dealing relatively high DPS. Scepter relies more heavily on than dagger due to the strength of .
- Scepter's attacks are generally ranged, while Dagger's are generally melee.
- Scepter has two blast finishers: and . has a significant delay, which should be taken into account.
- Dagger has a very simple rotation compared to Scepter, but is restricted to melee range.
- Dagger has one fewer blast finishers than scepter, being its only blast. This means Dagger's potential for sharing might is significantly less.
- Dagger gains extra auras over scepter and has two solid mobility skills, and
Dagger generally has a more fluid playstyle with an easier rotation. While it lacks any good ranged options, its high mobility more than makes up for it. Scepter, meanwhile, deals slightly more damage and has a slower-paced, almost clockwork playstyle. Scepter trades ease of use for the capability to quickly stack tremendous amounts of might.
- This build relies on the interaction between and . After using , you can swap to another attunement and reset the cooldown on with any critical hit. This lets you spam and to powerful effect.
- The attunement you swap to after depends on the situation:
- has powerful burst damage skills in and . It also provides a fire field in .
- grants and for sustain, as well as for CC.
- grants for Protection and for area damage and Blind.
- has powerful burst damage skills in .
- grants and for sustain.
- grants for mobility and for crowd control.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to and autoattack while waiting for to recharge.
- DPS is mostly passive with this build; just make sure you're hitting things with your and using and off cooldown.
- Never interrupt .
- in Fire or Air can be used as a high-damage opener.
- deals more damage, but has a much shorter cooldown allowing you to throw it out liberally.
- If using for damage, chain it after to get the damage buff from .
- Use , , and to upkeep the massive ferocity buff from .
- and are blast finishers
- Weave in , , and when you can for more damage.
- Cast on the other side of your target so it hits both on the way out and back.
- You can blast with , , or to grant area Might.
- You can use to maintain Fury.
- Weave in and when you can for more damage.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high Vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- continuously blinds enemies for 10 seconds when used in . is another AoE blind, and and provide additional single-target blinds.
- To block something without interrupting , you can use .
- , used in , creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- You can use and to interrupt enemies.
- You can use and ⇒ to interrupt enemies.
- You can create a water field with and then blast it with or for area healing.
- cleanses a condition.
- You can run or to better deal with condition pressure.
- , used in , creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- If you need healing really badly, you can run away and .
- ⇒ (Dagger Only)
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)