Tempest - Midline Auramancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Auramancer provides high survivability and team support through auras and group healing.
Brings a powerful "ground game" of combo fields and area CC, but in exchange for a large decrease in personal defensive skills, largely from the Focus. Strong option for large scale open field, weaker in GvG/small scale.
- For Elemental Surge Arcane variant.
- Versatile personal stability
- Team support defensive option.
- Personal defensive option with utility for rez/stomping.
- If you find yourself having issues being focused.
- Optimal in GvG. Lose slight healing and frost aura uptime to gain AoE cleanse for Burn/Chill on a 10s CD.
- Additional personal survivability at the cost of group utility.
- For staff variant.
- for extra condition hate.
- Highest over time heals per second at the loss of burst healing
- Add Nomad's for more personal defense, Cleric's or Magi's for more healing power and Celestial or Crusader's for an offensive set.
- Be aware of boon duration if swapping runes.
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- Try to avoid putting yourself in situations where you will need to swap attunement without overloading. accounts for a significant part of your healing output.
- If you are alone and have to run somewhere, you can stack permanent swiftness: overload an attunement and immediately switch to another one to gain effect. Repeat this with every attunement. If using a staff, when on Air also use.
- The best use of is when it avoids fatal damage and heals you. Use it when you anticipate significant incoming damage on you or an ally.
- Is a very powerful AoE heal for yourself and allies. Try to coordinate it with your allies so they receive each pulse of the channel to maximize the healing. The first pulse heals the most but has the smallest radius, while the other two pulses have a lower healing value but larger radius.
- Your auras do not stack in duration, try to avoid overlapping the same aura unless it is absolutely necessary for healing.
- Pay particular attention to in this respect.
- Pay particular attention to
- You can secure stomps by activating or
- is a leap finisher and will give an aura if used in a fire, light or ice field.
- The aura is granted on impact, not on cast.
- does not need to be cast on the same target as. As long as the grasp connects you can leap to any target.
- Your blast finishers are: ,(Aim camera directly down without a target selected to dropon yourself),and
- Blast finishers can be used on Ice fields to give an aura in an AoE.
- You can blast your own water fields with by either castingfirst then quickly swapping to water and using eitherorbefore it goes off or by castingthen immediately swapping to water and usingon it.
- has a long cast time and by the end of it you can find yourself out of position or focused by enemies. You can avoid this in two ways:
- Use after you start casting it.
- Use the "burning retreat trick" (see GYF). This way avoids using but you can find yourself even further away from your zerg. Gfycat:Burning Retreat Trick
- 's direction is based on your where your character is looking. Turn briefly while casting the skill to aim it and effectevily blocking the passage. Gfycat:See GYF for explaination
- : Dagger 3 ().
- :,and,through Ice fields and Blast Finishers on Ice fields (AoE).
- :, focus 5 () andthrough Fire fields.
- : Staff 3 (, warhorn 4 (- AoE).
- Any elemental aura: will give the aura corresponding to the attunement you are in when the buff expires,does the same when you finish the overload of an attunement.
- Fire gives , Water gives, Air gives, Earth gives.
- Fire gives
- Light Aura: through Light fields.
Counters and Weaknesses
- Heavily reliant on group support for stability
- Minimal condition clear, mitigated with variant traits and/or
- YouTube: [vR] Crann
- YouTube: Ash GvG and WvW
- YouTube: [GS] Trembles
- YouTube: [GS] Miss Major