Tempest - Roaming D/D
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
D/D elementalist is not as all-powerful as it once was, but can still work with the correct setup (meaning abuse all the op stuff)
- Shout. Shout and infuse your allies with arcane energy. Allies who would take lethal damage while this is active ignore the deathblow and are healed instead. If the effect expires naturally, grant an aura based on your current attunement.Fire Shield (5s): Enveloped in a fiery shield that burns foes, grants might each time you are struck (1 second cooldown per attacker).Shocking Aura (5s): Stun nearby attacking foes with an electric shock (only once per 2 seconds for each attacker).Conjure. Manifest a fiery greatsword in your hands and at the target location. When it lands, it damages and burns foes. Wielders of this weapon gain increased power and condition damage.
- when running with signet of restoration and generally using few overloads.
Stats - Around 200-300 point of celestial (full armor + a trinket or 2 weapons + a trinket for example), marauder wherever possible. Fill out with berserker and one clerics ring.
This seems a little overly complicated, but making a good stat spread for dd ele isn't straightforward, since you want to squeeze out every statpoint you can.
- Superior Sigil of BloodlustGain a charge of +10 power each time you kill a foe, five if you kill an enemy player.
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- This build is in a very unfortunate area where it would theoretically be best to not overload, but because tempest and its overloads are overtuned (hurray powercreep), it's often forced to do so anyway.
- Take special care to try and maintain protection. If you're feeling very tryhard, you can stack over a minute while running across the map by spamming overloads and earth swap from elemental attunement.
- Tap an overload for stability to get ether renewal off in a pinch. Try to avoid overloading water to not lock yourself out of your main source of sustain for 20s.
- If you choose to overload air, which you often will because the damage is so absurdly high, consider staying in air even longer to lightning whip, since being without lightning whip for 20s will hurt.
- Block projectiles with
- In a bunker slapfest, which will also happen often, take some time to stack might.
- Your 'look at me I'm fancy' combo is Overload. Use your air magic to summon a nimbus that repeatedly strikes nearby allies, then create a lingering static region that strikes enemies at the same interval. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.
This is a painful lineup. Basically every class in the game can choose to stalemate with you. Not many things have real killing pressure on you though.
Countered specifically by corrupt necro/reaper.
It's still pretty damn good at general roaming and fighting against the odds though. Severely struggles with thief +1 though, due to ether/overloads interrupts through stability and protection rip.